The export flight plan for AS2012 is rubbish compared to FS Build there isn't an export option.

What does this mean? As alpha117 states, AS2012 uses the standard FSX flight plan format, which is an export option in PFPX.

When you import with FSBuild it only imports departure, destination and FL/altitude. Cruise speed is remembered by AS 2012 and is presented with last values entered. Alternate and climb/descent rated have never been imprted by any flight planning software.

For me it populates all fileds that FSBuild did, so maybe its not so "rubbish" afterall and only a human error on your side.

Hmmm...I'm not experiencing this with my copies of PFPX and AS2012; I'm getting those AS2012 flightplan fields populated as with any other plan exported from FSBuild, FSC, vRoute, etc.

Have you checked the validity and integrity of FSX-type flightplans being exported from PFPX in other weather or flight planning programs?

When you import with FSBuild it only imports departure, destination and FL/altitude. Cruise speed is remembered by AS 2012 and is presented with last values entered. Alternate and climb/descent rated have never been imprted by any flight planning software.

For me it populates all fileds that FSBuild did, so maybe its not so "rubbish" afterall and only a human error on your side.

If you looked at my attached picture you will see that FL is 0

I just stumbled on something. Don't know if it can be reproduced.

If I plan a flight that involves step climbs, or climbs/descents based on directional change rules, then the pln file will put 0 as the cruising altitude.

(Edit - I just planned 2 flts going strictly west. The initial alt was 340 and later the ofp steps to 360. Both times the pln file showed 340 which loaded into As2012 just fine.

So perhaps it's just a ofp which cruises at odd and even FL's which produces an initial 0 in the .pln file.)

(2nd edit - well I just disproved both my theories. I just planned a few flights involving step climbs and rvsm directional altitude changes. Sometimes the export function produced a 0 for the cruise alt and sometimes it put in the initial cruising alt. I'm at a loss now.)

In any case, if 0's come up, I'll take about 2 or 3 seconds to type in the cruise alt that I want in AS2012 and then click 'process'

Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived