ETP XXXX/YYYY beyond Max Diversion Distance

This may be a very daft question, but I don't see where the error comes from.

I have used PFPX to compute some ETOPS flights for the upcoming 777 LR.

I am using ETOPS 207 for ETOPS rules.

When I input one adequate airport as a diversion alternate, everything goes fine, and I get CTPs.

However, when using two alternates, to calculate an ETP, I always get "ETP XXXX/YYYY beyond Max Diversion Distance" (obviously XXXX and YYYY are the ICAO identifiers for said airports.)

Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks.

Sure!

The route I'm trying to recreate has multiple ETOPS segments:

BEKO3C TD DCT MAGOG A1 ELATO DCT APU G587 LEKOS M750 MADOG Y753 JAKAL DCT KEC DCT XAC DCT KAGIS A590 PABBA DCT 40N150E 43N160E 45N170E 46N180E 46N170W 46N160W 45N150W 43N140W 40N130W DCT ALCOA DCT AVE DCT LAX DCT HEC DCT TBC DCT ALS DCT HYS DCT IRK DCT RBS DCT FWA DCT MAINE J64 EWC DCT SEG DCT FJC J146 JFK DCT BOS DCT ALLEX N126B YQX DCT 50N050W 52N040W 53N030W DCT MALOT DCT GISTI DCT SLANY UL9 DIKAS UL18 BASET UL9 KENET TOMO1A

It should correspond with the longest route the LR has ever done, VHHH-EGLL (eastbound).

The ETOPS airports I entered are:

UHPP   PACD   CYQX
PACD   KOTH   EGLL

I have tried both with the combination UHPP-PACD and just UHPP. In both cases, I get the error for PACD/KOTH. Each time I delete a pair of alternates, and replace them with two single airports (to get CRPs instead of ETPs), the error just shifts to the next pair of airports.

No, I dont as the airplane simply isnt capable of such a long haul absent some special modifications - which I can guarantee arent accounted for in the performance profile. 16-18 hours is about the max the 777LR or F can do.

The 777LR and 777F can have some aft bladder tanks installed which can increase fuel capacity about 365000lbs or so of fuel, but that mod isnt reflected in the performance profile as I know of no operator has had them installed as they take cargo capacity away, and the weight and balance is a little squirrely from what I understand. Normal max fuel is about 320000 lbs of fuel

Plus, we cant use 207 max etops per US rules unless ops at 180 are not possible AND you are on certain routes in the North Pacific. I cant do 207 across the north pacific just because I want to, and I cant do 207 across the North Atlantic at all.

Well, 207 was just an example. I get the same error with 330 too.

Also, I had calculated the route once, with enough fuel, but taking the jetstream into account saved me quite a few tonnes.

And I still don't know why it's throwing the errors. I can see why the fuel error would be thrown, of course. When flying the same route in real life they had to wait weeks to get it just right. But I can't see why it would give me those ETP erros?

Sure!

The route I'm trying to recreate has multiple ETOPS segments:

It should correspond with the longest route the LR has ever done, VHHH-EGLL (eastbound).

The ETOPS airports I entered are:

UHPP   PACD   CYQX
PACD   KOTH   EGLL

I have tried both with the combination UHPP-PACD and just UHPP. In both cases, I get the error for PACD/KOTH. Each time I delete a pair of alternates, and replace them with two single airports (to get CRPs instead of ETPs), the error just shifts to the next pair of airports.

This was a pretty tough bug to solve, but should now work in v1.04

Archived