[Cycle 1309] - PMDG 737NGX LFMN ILS approach off-track

frankl777

Dear Support,

I purchased a single cycle yesterday (1309) and installed it for my PMDG 737. Everything went perfect so far.

As I planned my flight from LSZH to LFMN to test it, I encountered a strange behaviour during approach. See picture attached.

I already had contact with the PMDG support who confirms that this is not correct. Normally the magenta line should catch up with the extended centerline to have a straight-in approach to Rwy 04R.

Is there a problem with the Navdata or an other problem not thought about? The airport is the stock airport.

I installed the updated MagVar file for 2010 from Herve and so did I with the Navaid update for Cycle 1309. In both cases (with and without the update) the Magenta line keeps off-track.

Same happened in the Navigraph data as well.

Do you have any ideas?

Looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,

Frank

post-92658-0-38317500-1377950306_thumb.j

Hi moepperle,

Thank you for your reply.

I did look in actual charts before I posted here for support (forgot to mention this). I had a look at the actual Navigraph chart, an old Jeppsen chart found via Google (where the FAT is 43° and not 42° like now) and another one found on a french site.

I've attached all of them and in these charts I clearly see that after the arc, it's going in a straight line down to the runway and not such a sloped approach you can see on my ND. And as I said, PMDG support confirmed that for an ILS approach the arc should've ended at the extended centerline.

So that's why I asked. I'm no expert on this and thought there could be something wrong with the Navdata, so better to report it too :).

Kind regards,

Frank

Edit: And the waypoint CI04R on the ND is on the charts D17 NA, where the airplane already should be on the FAT.

Edit 2: Just tried the ILS 04L. The actual charts are identical to the ones into ILS04R (only exception the course and frequencies). And here at 04L it works perfectly. A straight-in approach.

post-92658-0-21228000-1377971876_thumb.j

post-92658-0-57174700-1377971877_thumb.j

post-92658-0-96481100-1377971878_thumb.j

I too have problems with the Cycle 1309 and LFMN. I am flying the standard FSX B737 with Sim Avionics software.

For the approach to runway 04L there is a DME ARC course from NERAS. With the NavDatePro Cycel 1309 there is a DME ARC at 35 miles around AZ (Azur) and it is going way behind the runway axis. The hole arc from NERAS is about 180 degrees. On the charts there is a DME ARC with 27 miles around NI (Nice).

After two fligths to LFMN with the NavDatePro Cycel and two times a wrong displays for the DME ARC I installed the cycle from navigraph. With this cycle the DME ARC was correctly displayed at 27 miles around NIZ VOR.

Regards

Felix

Edit: And the waypoint CI04R on the ND is on the charts D17 NA, where the airplane already should be on the FAT.

Hi,

what route/approach did you use? Where did you get CI04R from?

I just loaded ILS 04R and it looks like this:

post-70687-0-89014300-1378239282_thumb.p

The small offset is normal because the final approach track is 42° and the runway heading is 44°.

So the NavData is correct as far as I can see.

The reason for the ILS 04L perfectly matching is because the final approach track is 44°.

Hi,

what route/approach did you use? Where did you get CI04R from?

Hi PeterW,

I'm sorry can't remember the approach. BASIK9R with NERAS transition? If this one is available in the DEP/ARR then this one :-). I've flown some other routes in the meantime, so I don't know exactly.

Regarding the question where CI04R comes from. I don't know, is shown on the ND as part of the approach. It's no manual waypoint if this was your question.

Thank you very much for your last explanation about the Rwy heading and the offset. Didn't take into account the direction of the runway.

That's an explanation!

But I'm wondering why can't I choose if the thread is answered? Am I not allowed to decide on my own if a question I asked is answered?

Someone set this on answered the second time now and choosed the best answer for me.

Best regards,

Frank

Archived