G'day...

Looking forward to using the product eventually but so far (since downloading on release day), still to gain confidence in the AIRAC data supporting this software.

A number of users here and on other forums (eg. Navigraph and TOPCAT) have reported different numbers of intersections, etc. in AIRAC 1309 sourced from either of the two common providers.

This thread http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/72377-pfpx-could-find-a-route-kfso-eham/ highlights a range of results and a potential fix from Christian (a zipped file with a userdata,nav file). I've tried the zipped file and now get 81831 (i've had 68000+, 78000+, 80568 and 80633 from repeated installs and downloads of the NG1309 files).

Richard Stefan (NG) says there should be 81857 (i still don't get that number). The link on the forum above has various different intesection counts AND a comparison of screenshots on that thread (and manually entered stats) shows different numbers of airports, runways and navaids as well.

I am currently showing:

Airports 13038

Runways 33681

Navaids 10835

Intersections 81831

Airways 158060

with NG1309 (latest file available from NG).

Since there continue to be variances with other users, something is clearly amiss.

Appreciate some advice please, including definitive numbers that we should be seeing with the latest AIRAC installed.

PFPX 1.03.

Chris

This is getting very strange, yeaterday I had 81857 intersections which I saw variously being reported on a number of forums as having been verifgied as correct by Navigraph.

Today I have 81831 same as you but have not updated the AIRAC data I am using NG1309.

thanks pierre but as noted above in the original post, it's not clear whether that fixes it (as noted, i've used the quoted 'fix' to no avail).

bill (post above yours on this thread) has numbers change between sessions of use in pfpx (don't know if he's used the .nav file on the other thread), jarko, alpha117 and dougsnow on the thread you and i have both quoted has got different numbers to me post that 'fix'. my numbers don't match navigraph's.

what numbers by item should we get as figures appear to continue to be inconsistent between users?

my numbers have changed (and continue to vary) just by opening the program.

yesterday i reported Intersections = 81831 in the original post. i just started pfpx and got Intersections = 81869. i closed the program, restarted it and now Intersections = 81841.

if i display the west bound nats at the time of posting, tracks b, c and d will not display (part of track a is shown [only as far as 6330N], all remaining west bounds on the map match the current track definitions) - this was the issue that brought the intersection problem to light for me in the first place (entry intersctions for some tracks were missing and so the track wasn't drawn) but this isn't the case today - eg. track b way points are all visible on the map but the track doesn't draw.

something is amiss.

g'day alpha117...

that's exactly what i see and no it doesn't match the track defs for the nats at this time (track a should go further than shown and b, c and d are missing - consistent with my earlier post today).

great pic - captures that particular problem exactly (related to the intersections problem? not sure)

(in fact, just to keep it in one place, the defs at the current time for b, c and d are:

A SUNOT 59/20 63/30 65/40 66/50 EPMAN
B PIKIL 57/20 61/30 63/40 64/50 64/60 MUSVA DUTUM
C DINIM 51/20 51/30 50/40 48/50 NOVEP YYT
D SOMAX 50/20 50/30 49/40 47/50 RONPO COLOR

A is showing as stopping at 6330n and the other 3 are missing in action on map.

patched to 1.04...

something different again:

Airports 13038

Runways 33681

Navaids 10835

Intersections 81790 (101 user Intersections)

Airways 85106 (72954 user Airways)

intersection numbers continue to change.

where are the 'user' airways/intersections coming from? (all i've done is install and open the program - built nothing as yet - it's just what comes out of the box + install of ng1309)

the airways numbers down the bottom add to the total i got when making the original post at the top of this thread.

still zero advice on what we should see from the ng1309 airac or advice on why intersection numbers continually.

christian - are you able to achknowlege there's an issue and perhaps comment please?

Intersections also include waypoints created from Oceanic Tracks. Not all of the intersections in a Track Message are stored in the Nav-database.

So PFPX creates these interscetions depending on the current track message and the number will vary.

We'll adjust the next release to only show a count of those interesctions stored in the database.

Thanks for the info Christian...

That sounds like a reasonable justification for the intersection count to change from session to session - so figures up around the 81000+ number of intersections are the right ball park? (in the absence of any definitive advice so far)

With regard to the airways number query above (which is now split into two figures that add to the same total - see my query above posted yesterday), is that the same issue? (ie. individual legs of changing track specifications) - 72954 user Airways [see post above] seems like an awfully large number!

Archived