CFMU Validation....for Dummies

I know this has been posted before, but I'm not sure how to fix these.

Yes, I've read the other link to the PDF which explains the error code, still none the wiser!

So here is my good 'old' route EGCC > EDDF and here is what I get.

1. What is the next stage in the fix' process

2. How to you apply the 'fixes'

CFMU1_zps9cc5c029.jpg

its not so easy to fix those issue for a CFMU validated Route, you need to know how CFMU and the airway system works. the easiest ways in your example, use the avoid airway function and enter UZ738 UT149 T911, maybe it works.

Is it that you don't understand the errors you're seeing?

Or you don't know how to build a manual route that avoids the errors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Both really

(FPL-TEST-IN
-A320/M-DFGIJ1RSWXE2E3M1Y/L
-EGCC0930
-N453F350 DESIG UL603 SOGPO UT149 OTSOP T149 LIPMI T150 ROLIS
-EDDF0110
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S2 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 COM/CPDLC DAT/V DOF/130831 REG/DABFO
SEL/ADFH PER/C)

post-10652-0-61064000-1377939787_thumb.j

First I auto generated the initial route with advanced find. Auto Airspace selection none of the check boxes ticked and I used my A320 for the aircraft.

First pass:

DESI1R DESIG UL603 MAMUL UL26 OTBED UY70 BODSO L17 MOLIX UL17 PETIK UP62 PAM UZ738 COL T911 ROLIS ROLI1L

I got a boat load of validation errors. The first thing I look for is results like "TRAFFIC VIA ... IS OFF MANDATORY ROUTE ...".

SOGPO UT149 OTSOP is a mandatory segment, so let's use that for our next pass.

I inserted the following the the route field:

AUTO SOGPO UT149 OTSOP AUTO

And the pressed build. Here is the new route:

DESI1R DESIG UL603 SOGPO UT149 OTSOP T149 KOREV UZ742 COL T911 ROLIS ROLI1L

Next I got an error that said that MOSUG T911 ROLIS and TEBRO UZ742 COL were not allowed.

I then went to the advanced find dialog and added these resctrictions:

T911,UZ742

Now I know I have to use the advanced find in conjunction with the mandatory route, so here was the next route I asked PFPX to build (note the AUTO+):

AUTO SOGPO UT149 OTSOP AUTO+

The resulting route was:

DESI1R DESIG UL603 SOGPO UT149 OTSOP T149 LIPMI T150 ROLIS ROLI1L

And wouldn't you know it. It passed the validation :)

EDIT: I'm glad I wrote the route here, because PFPX decided to crash, when I tried to save the route...

In the route editor, there is a "Help" button. It has descriptions for all the available commands can be used (like SID for shortest departure and so on).

WOW thanks for this

(FPL-TEST-IN
-A320/M-DFGIJ1RSWXE2E3M1Y/L
-EGCC0930
-N453F350 DESIG UL603 SOGPO UT149 OTSOP T149 LIPMI T150 ROLIS
-EDDF0110
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S2 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 COM/CPDLC DAT/V DOF/130831 REG/DABFO
SEL/ADFH PER/C)

attachicon.gifUnbenannt.JPG

Patrick

Thanks for this, I have also been struggling a bit with it but I have just followed your example and now have a better understanding of how to correct the errors I have been getting.

Managed to correct 4 errors manually on flight KPAE - EGLL and got it to validate.

Just cretaed a 'new' EGCC > EDDF route and followed Jarrko's instructions, worked perfectly and passed validation.

Now, the proof will be can I achieve the same on a completely different route, hmm will give it a go.

So, who want's to suggest a route for me to have a go at and get it to pass validation!?

Jarkko, can you open a new Topic with your nice post, so I can pin it on top?

Of course :)

If you don't mind, I will do it sometime later today (when life/wife) allows.

Propably this forum is not the best place for an idea but why not open a subforum only for CFMU errors?

Since PFPX is released I saw many posts having problems with CFMU errors - so why not helping those members who are not 100% familar with these codes?

Just my cents ;)

Propably this forum is not the best place for an idea but why not open a subforum only for CFMU errors?

Since PFPX is released I saw many posts having problems with CFMU errors - so why not helping those members who are not 100% familar with these codes?

Just my cents ;)

Sounds like a plan!

Archived