FS2004 fllightplan (.pln) export issue

First let me just say how thrilled I am with PFPX, great job everyone !

To the issue, while surely I am one of only 5 people in the world that will care about this, the current FS2004 .pln format exported by PFPX will not allow for IFR flights with the default ATC.

It seems that there is some extra data added in by PFPX, that is not included/accepted by the default ATC system, as shown below.

From PFPX

waypoint.0=K2, KLAX, , KLAX, A, N33* 56.50', W118* 24.50', +000126.00, 
waypoint.1=K2, AVE, , AVE, V, N35* 38.80', W119* 58.70', +000710.00, DCT
waypoint.2=K2, FOT, , FOT, V, N40* 40.30', W124* 14.10', +000386.00, DCT

From FSBuild
waypoint.0= , VHHH, , VHHH, A, N22* 18.32', E113* 54.52', +000000.00, 
waypoint.1= , PORPA, , PORPA, I, N22* 20.09', E114* 01.16', +000000.00, 
waypoint.2= , TD, , TD, V, N22* 14.52', E114* 17.35', +000000.00,

The presence of this data, in this case the "K2" entries following each waypoint.X=, will prevent FS2004 from offering Clearance Delivery as an option when loading a new flight. Removing this data, and leaving a single space in it's place, and all seems well.
I know not many use the default ATC, but I would certainly appreciate if you could take a look at this issue.
Thanks in advance, and congratulations !

Brian

EDIT: A request also: Would it be possible, in the case of a flight that includes step climbs, to export the FS2004 .pln file using the initial altitude ? As of now, all seems to default to FL350, regardless of what is actually planned.

EDIT#2: I would also like to request, maybe as a selectable option, to export SID/STAR waypoints in the exported plans, as now it only seems to export the transitions.

Modifed Format as requested. Can you test the route file, please?

Hi Christian :)

Thanks for your time, but unfortunately, that still doesn't work.

If I remove:

/*K7*/

from each line, it works as it should.

It seems as though FS does not like anything before the first comma.

Brian

Just as a heads up (and maybe stating the obvious?) the same issue exists in FSX, although within a different .pln file format. Deleting the ICAO Region entries fixed the issue there.

Archived