PFPX and GA aircraft

I am thinking about buying this program but I do most of my fliying in GA type AC normally at about 5ooo AGL using Air Hauler to assign my tasks for the day. Normal distance is around 100 to 200 miles. I have FSC9.3 and it works well for what I do also, there is a number of web based flight planners that seem to work well.

I would like to know is this program mostly for the guys flying the commerical AC or will a GA pilot get enough out of the program?

Regards,

Tom

Meticulous flight planning never hurts you. However, this is definitely aimed more at commercial type operations. GA aircraft don't have a well developed group of aircraft profiles yet, so you would need to create a profile to get accurate performance (i.e. time enroute, fuel) information. This is not a GA flight planner, it plans based on navigational fixes (VOR, NDB, RNAV fixes, intersections). I think it's a fantastic program and won't say not to get PFPX. However, it is not geared towards a more strict GA pilot. You will likely get a bit more out if you doing AirHauler tasks, as you are going to do a bit more IFR planning than straight VFR navigation.

agree with the above post and if your only going to fly ga aircraft than probably one of the best flight planning tool is http://skyvector.com/ gives you the map of the sid and stars of airports as well

Thanks for the info. I am sure its a great program and maybe someday I will look at getting it, but consider all the facts, i.e. New program, unresolved issues (I am sure will get fixed) learning new software, and the likes. I think I will just hang loose. Thanks again.

@ Pete_auau... Thanks for the webpage tip Amazing site.

Thanks for the info. I am sure its a great program and maybe someday I will look at getting it, but consider all the facts, i.e. New program, unresolved issues (I am sure will get fixed) learning new software, and the likes. I think I will just hang loose. Thanks again.

@ Pete_auau... Thanks for the webpage tip Amazing site.

yea no worries about the site yea its great for planning ga flights etc

Archived