North Atlantic planning & Aerosoft and Navigraph interfering

Hello,

First I would like to say what an excellent piece of software PFPX is! It is by far the best available for the Flight Sim community that isn't extreme money. So congratulations on that!

Now on to the problems I seem to be having. I'm not sure whether this is my doing wrong or something in the software but here goes.

The UserData.nav file is showing 81855 Intersections when combined with Navigraph in the NavData folder, but when I remove the UserData.nav file it becomes 80657. Richard from Navigraph says it should be 81857.

I also get a lot of problems with NAT planning when the UserData.nav file is in the folder, e.g not using a NAT or half of it sometimes, also a lot of DCT in the route itself, so no airways being used. When I take the UserData.nav file out I get NATs Westbound perfectly along with correct routing using Airways and almost no DCT. However when attempting to plan a flight Eastbound without the file I get nothing but a *dong* sound and no route. Is the file UserData.nav supposed to be in the folder?

It seems that is from Aerosoft and may be interfering with the Navigraph one.

I know nothing about the way these work together so if I'm wrong nobody have a go.

Regards,

Jordan

Okaii I haven't extensively tested it but it seems to be using the NATs much better after updating the UserData.nav file but there are now loads of DCT in the route, and no airways being used for a route to LAX from EGLL. I get this route without the file being there:

WOBUN L10 DTY UY250 AKUPA UT420 TNT UL28 RODOL UP6 DIMLI UN570 GINGA UN572 GOMUP NATA FOXXE N276A SPOTE N282A MT N312A SSM J140 DLH J32 ABR J158 DDY J107 NORRA J100 DAG V394 POM V210 DOWNE

which is perfect and when using the file I get this route:

WOBUN DCT WELIN DCT RODOL UP6 DIMLI UN570 GINGA UN572 GOMUP NATA FOXXE DCT YKL DCT GW DCT CHARN DCT RIONA SCAJ VBI DCT DPR DCT BLD J107 HEC

There is only 5 airways being used for the entire route which shouldn't be correct.

P.S After returning to PFPX removing the UserData.nav I now have 80639 Intersections and nothing else has changed, when the file is in use I had 81837.

Regards,

Jordan

Out of curiosity where did you see this flight plan? I'm sure there are limits in different countries on how far you can go on a direct route. I could be wrong though.

Regards,

Jordan

Weird how without the file I get airways all the way and with the file they are mostly direct routing, wondering if this is an option somewhere during flight planning.

Regards,

Jordan

Technical Explanation: The UserData.nav stores user created waypoints and airways.

There are several thousand of 'direct routes' stored in the file upon Installation.

So if the file is ok, the route finder will use the 'direct routes' if they are shorter than flying via airways.

If the file is corrupt, the route finder obviously has to plan via the airways

I thought airways had to be used most of the time, in Europe some of the flight plans fail CFMU because the direct routing is over 30 or 50 NM miles.

Not sure what the rule is in the US.

Regards,

Jordan

Real world example LAX-FRA: A lot of DCTs in the US ;)
OSHNN3 DAG DCT BLD J60 BCE/N0478F330 DCT KD57Q DCT KD72U
DCT RAP DCT DPR DCT VBI DCT 5130N09000W 55N080W 58N070W DCT FASSA
DCT PEPKI/M084F330 DCT 60N060W/M084F350 62N050W 63N040W 62N030W
60N020W DCT GOMUP/N0484F350 UN572 TIR UN580 GOW UL602 OTR UL90
DOLAS UL603 SOGPO UT149 OTSOP T149 LIPMI T150 ROLIS

Yeah I have put the file back in, after doing a bit of research and talking to someone who knows more than me in this subject, I realized that it's not so bad to use DCT routing in my flight plan.

Thanks for the support,

Jordan

P.S Thanks for the example Tim :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to override the UserData.nav?

Using the UK SRD for this section:

MIMVA DCT OTBED UL26 PENIL UL70 BAGSO DCT DOGAL

results in BAGSO DCT SHA which seemingly cannot be worked around unless I remove that DCT from the file?

If I manually enter and build the route it will terminate at SHA.

AMGOD UL602 MIMVA DCT OTBED UL26 PENIL UL70 BAGSO DCT DOGAL NATA YYT DCT ACK DCT CYN DCT VCN DCT ENO DCT GRACO J150 OTT

Archived