Feature Request for Route Export

Hi,

At the moment it seems that, if I want to export to different Addon's, I need to specify the addon and then save - which then saves to the specified folder.... then do the same thing for the next addon....works, no problem, but it would be nice if there would be a checkbox for the addons I have installed and it would export with one click to all of the specified (checked) addons if that is possible. (like in FSC).....

regards

richard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use Radar Contact. At the moment I build route in PFPX, export to PMDG for the NGX, then export to FSX format which is then imported into AS2012. Then I go back to PFPX, add SID waypoints manually to start of route, then export to FSX format again & import that into RC. Could do with being made easier? :)

ps i know I could just use NOTAMS departure in RC :)

I use Radar Contact. At the moment I build route in PFPX, export to PMDG for the NGX, then export to FSX format which is then imported into AS2012. Then I go back to PFPX, add SID waypoints manually to start of route, then export to FSX format again & import that into RC. Could do with being made easier? :)

ps i know I could just use NOTAMS departure in RC :)

FSBuild2 and PFPX do not export the SID/STAR portion of the FSX FP which is the format to be 'Imported' into Radar Contact - been working that way for more than a decade. You don't want the SID/STAR portion in the FP being read into RC because you're held to 2nm compliance navigation with 40nm of the departure airport. It is common for SID/STAR assignments to be changed by ATC just prior to departure and again while enroute. So, if you use a good weather add-on like AS2012, FSGRW, or Opus, you could easily encounter different winds/weather than what your FP with SID/STARs was created, in that case you would have to start all over in PFPX and generate and export another FP with new SID/STARs to work with newly updated weather changes. FP's don't typically have the SID/STARs anyway - they just list the enroute portion (transition to transition) of the flight.

In Radar Contact, open your FSX FP (exported by PFPX), then go to the Controller Info page and at the bottom, select 'No Altitude Restr' radio button and OK. As long as the first FP waypoint is within 40nm of the departure, RC will leave you alone to fly your SID. On the arrival, near about 40nm of the arrival airport, after the RC tower assigns you a heading and an altitude below 10K, I select Option 4 (Request ILS) then Option 2 (Request specific Rwy), then RC will leave you alone to fly your FMC STAR. You have to do this quickly however to keep RC from stalling your VNAV descent profile while you fumble with RC menus and replies.

Al is correct that RC4 provides options that let you fly DPs and STARs without ATC vectoring. (The limit is actually 30 nm of the departure or destination). Workarounds are fine for most traditional DPs and STARS. But some of the new RNAV DPs and STARS extend well beyond 30 miles. For example look at the MIP4 arrival into KLGA from STG ...it is an arrival that well over a hundred miles long. A flight plan exported from PFPX to FSX and imported to Radar Contact causes the flight to be vectored direct to KLGA once past STG, omitting the long button hook to the south that is part of the procedure. We're going to see more of these longer procedures. So I think an option to export the DP and STAR waypoints to FSX .pln files would indeed be useful for RC4 and FSX ATC users.

Al is correct that RC4 provides options that let you fly DPs and STARs without ATC vectoring. (The limit is actually 30 nm of the departure or destination). Workarounds are fine for most traditional DPs and STARS. But some of the new RNAV DPs and STARS extend well beyond 30 miles. For example look at the MIP4 arrival into KLGA from STG ...it is an arrival that well over a hundred miles long. A flight plan exported from PFPX to FSX and imported to Radar Contact causes the flight to be vectored direct to KLGA once past STG, omitting the long button hook to the south that is part of the procedure. We're going to see more of these longer procedures. So I think an option to export the DP and STAR waypoints to FSX .pln files would indeed be useful for RC4 and FSX ATC users.

I suggest if Christian does make a PFPX FP exported with SID/STARS included, that we ask him to export it as another file, with a slightly modified name so as to not interfere with the authentic exported FSX FP. An example might be a PFPX FP exported to FSX as KATLKLGA01.pln, a separate PFPX export option (perhaps called 'Radar Contact'), would export the entire FP with SID/STARs to a file called KATLKLGA_SIDSTAR01.pln. But again, what are you going to do if the departure or approach winds change significantly, requiring an entire new SID or STAR? Stop RC and load another PFPX export FP with updated FP?

Archived