Could not load aircraft types: Fault finding & solution

Hi

The "Could not load aircraft types" error occurs because of the following setup issue.

Windows installation as follows:

Windows directory on Drive C:

Users directory on Drive D:

PFPX installation:

Install PFPX on Drive C: with default directories.

PFPX create a new "\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data" on Drive C:

When PFPX launches, it will look for "D:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data" and of course not find the files, since this is in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data".

Solution:

Copy the \Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data directory from drive C: to the D: drive.

My comments:

1. If you are already creating a directory to install your program - why crowd another directory with your data?

2. Do I get a discount for Beta testing and debugging?

regards

Goose

Yes, it's exactly like Goose described it and his proposed solution worked fine for me.

I just wanted to report it since it looked to me like it was somehow dropped out of the latest installer... (I didn't try an older one).

Cheers

Michael

hi, i just puchased PFPX and cannot install it because of the message "Could not load aircraft type". I 'm installing it on my laptop that does not have FSX nor a connection to a computer running FSX (right now). I only have C:/ and not other drive installed.

Any solutions?

Chris Volle

• Did you use the full installer or just the hotfix (The hotfix requires the full version to be installed first!)
  • Is the directory c:\Public\Documents\PFPX Data available and are all files in there?

You're absolutelly right, i downloaded both the installer and the hotfix and for no reason clicked on the hotix to install.... shame on me..... Sorry for the false alarm.

Thank you for your great program (topcat as well!)

This problem is still present in the v1.06 full installer I downloaded from Aerosoft today.

The fix in the first post solved the problem for me, but it's a problem that shouldn't be happening.

I installed PFPX on my D drive, "D:\Program Files D\Professional Flight Planner X"

But it installed the program data in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data"

Manually moving them to "D:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data" did the trick.

So, it's solved for me. Just wanted to let you know the problem still exists, at least on my setup.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same problem with 1.09 and the answer of the original poster has helped and solved the problem. Thank you very much. (My users directories are also on D:).

Wanted to know whether I could get rid of "C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data" (my user profiles are on D:) so I renamed the directory and started PFPX. Now my "Scheduled Flights" are gone that I had yesterday. Even after undoing the directory rename are they still missing.

(FIxed this, it was an 'Operator Problem' :-), sorry).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but I've still problems. I installed PFPX (V1.10 full version) on drive D: in the directory D:\Program files(x86)\PFPX.

I got the program data in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data".

I copied the Users folder to drive d: ("D:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data")

I still get the Message "Could not load aircraft types"

Installation and running with admin rights.

What is going wrong?

Mosebach

Ok, after several attempts I fixed it!

I've three drives. System on drive C:, programs on drive D: and data on drive E:.

In this case I have to copy the "PFPXData" folder to E:\Users\Public\Documents and everything is working fine.

Just another question:

Is it necessary to copy the folder or may I move the folder? I don't want to have datafiles on drive C:.

Mosebach

Archived