What is the Commerical Flt Nr?

Just wondering what the Comerical flt nr means. I know commercial flights have nubmer DAL1897? Is it the same?

In video is says it is optional, and I didn't see anything in the manual. Thank you in advance.

It looks like it is what you would see on an airport scheduled arrival/departure board or similar. The first two fields separate the airline identifier and the flight number. The commercial flight number field displays whatever you type in there, so you can type DAL1897 to have it displayed as a Delta flight and number 1897. Otherwise, the DAL and 1897 appear separated.

I thought it was to cover the situation that some companies use to avoid callsign confusion on the R/T, with different companies having similar/identical callsign numbers. Some companies use a totally different callsign to the ticketed flight number. Instead of FastJet 123, they'd have a mixture of letters and numbers like FastJet 1NR, which is far less likely to cause callsign confusion.

Eugene

Archived