Program Cannot Start, anyone else?

Yea I've downloaded, installed/uninstalled/restarted etc etc and played around with those packages, but my copy of FPFX still doesn't seemed to want to work :(

Would there be a possibility that there's something wrong with my serial key? As every time I'm trying to go into FPFX, it asks for my code.

See attachment. And this is event log:

Faulting application name: PFPX.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x521c8673
Faulting module name: ig7icd32.dll, version: 9.18.10.3071, time stamp: 0x51493b65
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x000413a0
Faulting process ID: 0x880
Faulting application start time: 0x01cea4556210c0e3
Faulting application path: C:\PFPX\PFPX.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ig7icd32.dll
Report ID: aba6d4ed-1048-11e3-be79-c9254a47cd1f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

post-92641-0-40595800-1377760822_thumb.j

We have now created a hotfix until the new installer is available:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnxk2xmwd9ps5qb/PFPX_1.02.zip

Copy the contents of this ZIP file into your PFPX Installation Folder (Default is C:\aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\).

Have tried everything including this fix. Unfortunately without result. The app. is still crashing (stopped working) on "updating cache Routes for first time use".

Please adivise!

Hi everyone

Just purchased and I have the same issues with PFPX at start up. Below is my event log:

Faulting application name: PFPX.exe, version: 1.0.2.0, time stamp: 0x521f203f

Faulting module name: ig7icd32.dll, version: 9.17.10.2867, time stamp: 0x50635085

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003b60e

Faulting process id: 0x848

Faulting application start time: 0x01cea50d39e49e19

Faulting application path: C:\aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\PFPX.exe

Report Id: af309b01-1100-11e3-be8e-6045bdd74e93

I am running PFPX on Surface Pro Tablet with the 1.02 hotfix but no luck still getting a stopped working error message. Hope there is a fix for this?

John

Tomorrow there will be a new Version/installer which should fix this issue.

Even with version 1.03 did not solve the problem still stalling on 'updating Route cache for first time use....

I am getting nowhere... Has anybody a suggestion which could solve this problem?

I have updated to 1.04 and still cant get PFPX to run on Surface Pro tablet (Win8). I have to always insert my product activation code with each update and then it begins loading to the point "Updating Route cache for first time use.." at which point I get the Windows error message PFPX has stopped working?? The faulting module name: ig7icd32.dll per the event viewer. Be so nice to get this working on my tablet....patiently waiting for fix!

Why am I not getting any response? Have explained that despite all fixes and new releases my initial start up

still hangs on 'Updating Route cache for first time use..'. I am trying to get through all week already. Would be nice

if a customer gets some support here!

Why am I not getting any response? Have explained that despite all fixes and new releases my initial start up

still hangs on 'Updating Route cache for first time use..'. I am trying to get through all week already. Would be nice

If you want support I advise you to either e-mail Christian at Flightsimsoft directly or use the Support Ticket System https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

The forums are more a user helps user place.

Agreed I am having the same problem as Fred and have not got any updates from dev....

If you want support I advise you to either e-mail Christian at Flightsimsoft directly or use the Support Ticket System https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

The forums are more a user helps user place.

The problems described in this thread are likely affecting a lot of users and therefore I believe the forums are a better place to post updates/fixes on this matter. I have submitted an email request for support at fligthsimsoft.com and I have referenced this thread in my email to them. Still patiently waiting for solution to this.....

• Deputy Sheriffs

Many of the problems in this topic are related to people running PFPX on a tablet computer. The faulting module "ig7icd32.dll" is part of the onboard Intel graphic chip and its driver. So maybe you check for an updated driver. There tons of reports on the web, with eaxctly the same problem: running an app on tablets and updating the driver solved it.

It is difficult to give support for any kind of hardware. And tablets are very special, especially when using Windows RT, which is not among the supported operating system. And even when running a "normal" Windows 8, there might accur problems with tablet specific hardware and their drivers.

Hmmm... for me it's different:

Faulting application name: PFPX.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x521c8673
Faulting module name: ig7icd32.dll, version: 9.17.10.2867, time stamp: 0x50635085
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003b60e
Faulting process ID: 0xda4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cea44d4a4c4f2f
Faulting application path: C:\PFPX\PFPX.exe
Report ID: a5362c1e-1040-11e3-be78-c55c1bc215d5
It points to faulty Surface video driver. Let's try to update and see what happens
EDIT: Surface Pro users need to update their video drivers. Here's the link I used: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22605

Ok I resolved my problem by updating the display drivers as per link provided...thanks L.J !

Archived