Optimal Flight Level

Hi,

After installation problem, i have another problem with pfpx, How to have an optimal flight Level? He give me the maximum ceiling altitude (FL410 for the B738) and forget the circular rules! Another, In Step Climb I set NO, and in OFP, i have a 1000ft step climb to descent (380Nm the flight)....

Thnaks for your help!

New test with the maximum zero fuel weight, and the box "cruise altitude/FL" is set to OPT and "Step Climb" to No, this is with 737 800 NGX Winglet template

In the airplane database settings, set a default cost index for your 737.

For all flights over a certain distance the dispatcher will use the optimum FL.

You will see that the odd/even rules are respected (look at the calculated altitude for each of the cruise waypoints).

New test LFSB - LFRB, "medium weight", cruise/cost index set to M.78 :

without step climb : FL180 then FL170 then FL160

with step climb FL180 - FL260 - FL390.......

In the airplane database settings, set a default cost index for your 737.

For all flights over a certain distance the dispatcher will use the optimum FL.

You will see that the odd/even rules are respected (look at the calculated altitude for each of the cruise waypoints).

Hi,

I am old and can't find that entry in the airplane database. Hint? :)

Bob

Hi Bob, open the Aircraft Database (click on the little plane icon up in the top left on the quick access bar). Next use the Aircraft Editor to edit the plane of your choice. At the bottom in the Default Speed Schedule you should be able to change the Cruise/Cost Index. If you put a number in like 30 it will take that as CI30. That works for me with the 737. Remember that's only how to set the default; you can always change the aircraft currently selected when planning a flight in the aircraft section in the Cruise Schedule field. CI only seems to work for some aircraft though.

Archived