Why should we be mandatorily charged with subscription when...

...we already have a weather engine? (eg ActiveSky)

I believe another package for the product should be made available, without the one year subscription. Just the application itself.

I believe another package for the product should be made available, without the one year subscription. Just the application itself.

I believe PFPX is worth a lot more than it is being sold for. Seems like we are even then?

I don't think (actually, I know) there's anything mandatory about the subscription. The subscription gives you direct access to the data, but as far as I can see you are quite able to load weather data from other providers into PFPX without the subscription. This won't give you tracks and NOTAMs (but then again, neither does Activesky...)

http://flightsimsoft.com/pricing/#subscription

cheers

View it this way, the one year subscription is included free of charge when buying PFPX.

Nothing is ever "free of charge".

If the subscription was not included, the product itself would have a lower price.

Archived