TOPCAT support B777-200LR and -300ER?

They are working on it, no release date planned. We'll have to be patient. You can also use the PMDG documentation for manually calculating the V-Speeds (or maybe other calculators like Aurasim.com, but they do not support the 777 either yet) until TOPCAT has 777 support.

It is unacceptable that two products produced by the same guy cannot talk to each other properly. So I am unable at present to produce an airline fleet file for the unsupported aircraft.

How is this unacceptable? The two programs use two different sets of data. It is like asking Microsoft Word to open a Microsoft Excel file because they're made by the same people.

Perhaps a little advice is in order...

PFPX and TOPCAT are not unlike real world flight planning programs. They interface with each other, but in order to do so, the performance information for each aircraft has to match.

If you notice, there are TOPCAT profiles for specific aircraft (Level D 767-300 comes to mind). If you check the performance data in TOPCAT, the weights should match what is in the profiles for PFPX. I haven't seen a method to import data from FSX into PFPX for each aircraft type I have, so my guess is that I will have to compare my aircraft.cfg files for each aircraft to the weights/speeds, etc that have been built for PFPX. I will tell you that so far, I've built one flight for an EMB-175LR and the numbers are pretty close on M.78 cruise; but again, since TOPCAT doesn't have this aircraft, I simply go over to the takeoff, landing performance charts.

Just so you know, building up a performance matrix in the sim world is NOT easy, takes a long time and that assumes you have all the appropriate data. If you look at TOPCAT, there is ONE Airbus file and that has far less to do with TOPCAT than the available performance data for an Airbus that is electronic and can be converted into something useable. Boeing data is available electronically, but it isn't cheap. BTW, neither is the flight planning software and this product is a BARGAIN for what you are getting...if you aren't convinced, give NavTech a call and ask them what it would cost you to access their product...

So far, there are a few things that I need to explore with this product...building up aircraft is one of them, but so far what I see is pretty darn good.

Just some perspective...

Kind regards,

David Lamb

FAA Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

Indianapolis, IN

Just to add on what David said above this program is absolutely revolutionary in its functionality. I work as a F/O on a real Q400 in Canada, I've compared a few flight plans off of PFPX to some of the real OFPs I use at my airline and it is pretty darn close. Compared to what some of the real dispatch software can go for guys, we have got this for a bargain!

Alex

Compared to what some of the real dispatch software can go for guys, we have got this for a bargain!

Alex

Commercial software licenses always come up at much higher prices than private ones. So it's hard to compare.

I have and use both, point is, it's expensive.

Now back on topic, this was solely my opinion.

Yes, but it is completely unjustified - that is my point. Now back to topic.

Martin

With PMDG-777X we can plan routes for either aircraft. But we cannot use the current TOPCAT 2.72 Beta to calculate takeoff performance. This will become a serious handicap with the delivery of the PMDG 777X.

When will we get support for this?

Cheers, Richard

The -200LR and LRF are what PMDG is releasing soon. The 300 and 200ER will be later

For takeoff and landing speeds for B777 I recommend to visit aurasim.com. A PMDG beta tesrer had made that site about 5 months ago. It is really good and at the moment supports only Dash 8 Q400. BUT. As the 777 is relased they will give immiededly(on the same day of rekase or day after) support for 777. So check it out. And yes, it is free!

For takeoff and landing speeds for B777 I recommend to visit aurasim.com. A PMDG beta tesrer had made that site about 5 months ago. It is really good and at the moment supports only Dash 8 Q400. BUT. As the 777 is relased they will give immiededly(on the same day of rekase or day after) support for 777. So check it out. And yes, it is free!

AWESOME!!!! Already using it for the Q400 but knowing it'll be available to the 7772LR is just great!! Thanks!

AWESOME!!!! Already using it for the Q400 but knowing it'll be available to the 7772LR is just great!! Thanks!

I have to correct a bit about my statement. Due to these people are very busy IRL, they expect it to be avaivable during this month. :)

Archived