Can't update Navigation Database

Hi all,

I've been using NavDataPro since its release but I'm having issues updating the Navigation Database in PFPX to the latest 1309 data. It say's it's downloaded and installed into PFPX within NavDataPro but when I go into PFPX it shows the database as being out of date 1302. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Gavin Price

Check the date of the files here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData

Mathijs,

Mine from C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData\cycle_info.txt (dated today) shows:

Aerosoft NavDataPro
AIRAC cycle : 1302
Revision : 1
Valid (from/to): 07/FEB/2013 - 06/MAR/2013

Ok, I found where the problem lies.

The default path in Nav Data Pro is "C:\Users\Public\Documents", so the updated navdata is being saved there ( iFound the updated file in this folder).

Changing the path to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData" navdata is correctly updated.

• Administrator

Hello,

please check the path to the PFPX database folder in your NavDataPro settings.

It should look like this:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData

If you used a former version of PFPX with NavDataPro the path setting on your NavDataPro installation may be different.

• 1 month later...

hello guys,

i am facing the same problem recently. i have went to the navdata directory (check attachment) but i dont know HOW to update it to the latest AIRAC. Hence that i've got the latest PFPX software

any clues? 98385518057796188924.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

You have to buy the actual cycle here: http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11686&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

Youn choose between a one year subscription, a single cycle or a pack of four. When bought you'll get the NavdataPro Software that downloads the cyckle for all the addons you want to use and installs them automatically.

To update your NavData you have to buy the actual NavData from "Navigraph" or Aerosofts "NavData Pro".

Due to legal reasons PFPX comes with older NavData from February 2013.

i already have a navigraph 365 days subscription. how can i sync it with PFPX?

• 1 month later...

Hello People, I can't update my Navdata in PFPX with NavdataPro (latest version 1.0.1.4)

Aerosoft NavDataPro
AIRAC cycle : 1302
Revision : 1
Valid (from/to): 07/FEB/2013 - 06/MAR/2013
I want to update to cycle 1306 and NAVDATApro returns this error:
errornavdataPFPX_zps4276900d.jpg
How can I fix this ?
Thanks in advance

• Deputy Sheriffs

The way I remember it, you cannot update to an older cycle than the current one (I believe it is 1312).

Of course he can, as long as he got a local copy of the AIRAC.

@pacoche: I guess that the path is not set correct.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your answer Otto.

The path in my PC is

is this correct or do I have to set another one in Navdata?

Hello all

I have just installed a new Navigraph database set - 1312 - (my PFPX was showing the old one as out of date). Unfortunately PFPX hasn't picked up on the new database. I can see that it has installed into the PMDG directory (I would expect this as it is the PMDG set) but the warning triangle is showing on my planner. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get PFPX to look to the PMDG directory in order to see the new directory.

Or did I install the PMDG data into the wrong directory (which would seem counter intuitive) - should I have installed it into the PFPX directory?

My PFPX is installed in: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData I can see that there is an old database in there. Should I keep an additional copy of the latest database in there?

On a separate note, I am having trouble exporting my plans into the PMDG FLIGHTPLANS directory. An error message appears (unable to write...) each time I try to export.

In general, I'm a little perplexed by PFPX and its inability to remember where to look for updated NAVDATA cycles. Each time it times out and I install the new database, I end up having to root around trying to work out how to get it to pick up that a new database has been installed. Most of the "fixes" are posted on an ad hoc basis on this form - not particularly useful. If there is an acceptance that this is a regular issue, would it not be best for the supplier to provide a step by step issue resolution plan for users? Equally I have seen posts about problems posting flight plans to PMDG fairly regularly too - I figure these fall into the same category.

Archived