Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mistoque

Topcat

I've always the full download version of Topcat installed on my computer.

Which procedure to link my new PFPX with Topcat?

Thx.

I don't know the procedure as I did not tested PFPX or puchased it yet (still at work), but first thing is that you should download the latest version 2.72 as it is the first version that has that PFPX support builtin. After that I don't know much. Either there are some options somewhere or it's called at some poitn in the flight planning, or maybe auto detected.

and on the same hard drive?

Is it a manip to link both programs?

Thx.

That doesn't matter. PFPX Looks up the TOPCAT Installation path in the registry and then launches the program. No Need to setup any 'link'

I have topcat (2.72) installed on the same computer as PFPX but PFPX still says I do not have Topcat installed.

Is there something I'm missing?

Everything is installed in the default location. I've tried rebooting etc.

Sean

Yes I just uninstalled then reinstalled 2.72. I even downloaded a brand new installer from the flightsimsoft website to install. I purchased topcat back in 2008 or something like that so its been awhile. I checked and topcat is listed the registry under:

TOPCAT - Christian Grill

Sean

I've got TopCat V 2.70 installed, but when I click update, it says I'm up to date. I need version 2.72 for the PFPX link to work. Do I just install 2.72 over the top of 2.70 or uninstall 2.70. then install 2.72, Is my original licence key valid? Seems odd the update button doesn't do the trick?

Thanks

Euigene

someone could share a fp template with the topcat vspeeds on the ofp?

thanks mario

If you changed something in the Database of TOPCAT than you should to an Backup! Otherwise you can install it other the old one!

but which old one are you talking about? i have only pfpx official release.......please could you explain me where to find those old templates

Works for me on my main FSX rig with Win7 but doesnt work on my laptop with Win8. Hope it helps. I will try to reinstall both programs on different drive.

I´ve reinstalled TOPCAT on Win8 from C:\Program Files...etc to D:\TOPCAT validated installation with activation key, did a first run but no change in PFPX. PFPX is installed in c:\Aerosoft\PFPX

Admin rights included :-)

As I mentioned earlier no problem on my Windows 7 computer.