I don't know the procedure as I did not tested PFPX or puchased it yet (still at work), but first thing is that you should download the latest version 2.72 as it is the first version that has that PFPX support builtin. After that I don't know much. Either there are some options somewhere or it's called at some poitn in the flight planning, or maybe auto detected.

I have topcat (2.72) installed on the same computer as PFPX but PFPX still says I do not have Topcat installed.

Is there something I'm missing?

Everything is installed in the default location. I've tried rebooting etc.

Sean

Yes I just uninstalled then reinstalled 2.72. I even downloaded a brand new installer from the flightsimsoft website to install. I purchased topcat back in 2008 or something like that so its been awhile. I checked and topcat is listed the registry under:

TOPCAT - Christian Grill

Sean

I've got TopCat V 2.70 installed, but when I click update, it says I'm up to date. I need version 2.72 for the PFPX link to work. Do I just install 2.72 over the top of 2.70 or uninstall 2.70. then install 2.72, Is my original licence key valid? Seems odd the update button doesn't do the trick?

Thanks

Euigene

Works for me on my main FSX rig with Win7 but doesnt work on my laptop with Win8. Hope it helps. I will try to reinstall both programs on different drive.

I´ve reinstalled TOPCAT on Win8 from C:\Program Files...etc to D:\TOPCAT validated installation with activation key, did a first run but no change in PFPX. PFPX is installed in c:\Aerosoft\PFPX

Admin rights included :-)

As I mentioned earlier no problem on my Windows 7 computer.

Archived