PFPX on networked computer?

As far as I know PFPX is standalone it does not need FSX to be run, actually it is making flightplan so then you can just use the flight plan for any kind of simulator, so like TOPCAT there is not a need to be on the same computer as FS for example. Then if you want to transfer flight plans through network I don't see why it would not work. Just create a network drive on your second computer that's very easy.

ok thanks!

As far as I know PFPX is standalone it does not need FSX to be run, actually it is making flightplan so then you can just use the flight plan for any kind of simulator, so like TOPCAT there is not a need to be on the same computer as FS for example. Then if you want to transfer flight plans through network I don't see why it would not work. Just create a network drive on your second computer that's very easy.

Norm is right....in my case, I put all my flight planning software, weather engine, etc. on a laptop, have the drive shared with the other computer and I just save the files directly into the folder on the other computer.

It's actually an advantage NOT to have this linked with FSX....the more add-ons you put into the computer using FSX, the slower it gets...and it can get really bogged down really fast if you aren't careful.

So far, no big issues....just me getting used to the functionality of the product compared to what I use in the real world.

Kind regards,

David Lamb

FAA Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

I"m doing the same thing. Running TopCat and PFPX on my client with mapped shares to the proper FSX files on the FSX server. A well done concerning the ability to edit the default path for each file type. I can create a flight plan and save it to the Airbus Extended and the NGX via separate paths. Love it!!!

Bob

I"m doing the sam

e thing. Running TopCat and PFPX on my client with mapped shares to the proper FSX files on the FSX server. A well done concerning the ability to edit the default path for each file type. I can create a flight plan and save it to the Airbus Extended and the NGX via separate paths. Love it!!!

Bob

Do you just select your FS9 folder on the other computer and the PMDG flightplans folder as an example

Rgds

Jason

Archived