Battery never depletes

bliksimpie

Anyone else notice the battery power never depletes, no matter what you have switched on eg landing lights etc (engines not running).

(Yes I know FSX battery go way tooooo fast, but no this one dont do anything - Just the opposite to what we used to in FSX)

Well I do have registered FSUIP but do not have battery power set to unlimited. I normaly have external GPU that I created with the Doug Dawson battery charger. This GPU I use with other planes. (I neither use my GPU also with this plane.) Just first tested to see battery working.

So tonight I did a test. after a flight engines were shut down, but everthing,that can be switched on, was still switched on. Battery power just do not go below 27.9. Not even after half an hour the battery meter did not move even down 0.1. (I have custom battery gauge that show power digital)

Am I doing something wrong or do I just have the bunny battery in Twin otter, that go on and on. I am not complaining as it is good that you can have all day to perform steps and battery is always strong, but I think this is also unrealistic with no battery depletion.

By the way thanks for a great plane

I cannot replicate that.

Do You have the DC-Master switch set to On and DC-source set to Batt on the overhead ?

With every consumer (Lights, prop and engine de-ice, radio etc.) turned on, voltage dropped from 27.5 to 26.5 in somewhat over 3 minutes.

Somehwere below 20 volts alot of systems will cease functioning.

Finn

Okay, Finn I tested again and same results.

Start: ready to taxi. made flight. Landed. taxi to ramp.

Only pulled back fuel cuttof levers so engines stop.

Did nothing else. (all radios on. all lights on eg landing lights, strobes etc etc (as many things I can put on I have on)

Battery stay at FULL power.

Sorry finn, I see it do deplete but very slowly on tha guage inside cokpit. Not like FSX fast. You just have to wait very long.. I now see it did drop slightly.

I cannot get the battery to go down so fast in 3 minutes however.

Well at least I never have to worry about battery. I can take full day for startup procedures and still will have battery good enought to start engines.

just so used to FSX that you have to hurry through procedures to left you with some sort of good battery to be able to start engine.

Keep well

edit:

Now after 40 minutes, battery gauge inside cockpit is showing 23 volts: at least I can see it is going down slowly

All good.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I see it do deplete but very slowly on tha guage inside cokpit. Not like FSX fast. You just have to wait very long.. I now see it did drop slightly.

Maybe you have a very slow PC and it's time to upgrade it :P

Or installed energy saving lightbulbs...

Well it really depends on how many consumers are turned On.

-Exteriour lights

-Interiorlights

-Pitot heat

-Prop de-icer

-Inlet de-icer

-Vent fan

-Fuel pumps

-Radios

etc...

Finn

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is off topic, bad English :P I had a problem with the battery on the thundra model, I couldn't turn it off. I fixed it by change the cfg file.

"[electrical]" and change the "electric_always_available = 1" to "electric_always_available = 0"

Archived