Pre-Purchase Question

cloudswimmer

Ok I'm very interested in this AC after hearing all the great things about it. However one concern I have are the yokes, specifically getting rid of them. I heard they cannot be clicked off in the VC. So is it possible for a user to go in and manually remove them? Having a real yoke myself, I find it very annoying having two yokes in my line of sight (the VC yoke and my real one)

No. The view manager replaces the requirement, and in any case the seating position means the yoke blocks no significant instrumentation.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'll second Simon's answer. The view manager itself sits in a clear area and has small icons showing a snapshot of the view you'll get. Plus, the layout is very intuitive. No clicking through multiple views to get to where you want to be.

the seating position means the yoke blocks no significant instrumentation.

Maybe it doesn't block anything, but it looks very unrealistic having two yokes, ruins the suspension of disbelief. Gonna pass on this one. Thanks

OK, but to suspend disbelief you should perhaps consider becoming a real pilot, otherwise you're sitting at a desk with a chair, pretending.

Congratulations on the Most Ludicrous Excuse of the Week. Your prize is an art installation:

disbelief.jpg

Then please confirm your yoke is bi-lateral, y-shaped, has a tiller bar mounted behind, and the appropriate buttons mounted to the central column and has the same degree of `throw` as the real one i the Twin Otter... I don't see how either a 737 or 320 home cockpit can have any relationship to a Twin Otter flight deck, without suspension of disbelief...

Thus suspension of disbelief is a feeble excuse for what is increasingly obvious to everyone as a vacuous question.

The Yoke is NOT removable, this question has already been asked - and answered - if you'd BOTHERED to search like a proper simmer would... lots of discussion on this during the Preview

It will not be changed (as it mounts a very necessary flight control) and your argument about its presence or otherwise is specious.

And thank you for the clarification on your skills as a simmer: You are indeed sitting in a chair, suspending disbelief.

What is really worrying is that you feel that your suspension of disbelief is enhanced or discredited by the ability to remove a yoke? The arrogance is yours - and I am not your son.

And I have provided you with your answer, so thank me and bugger off, there's a good little simmer (with delusions of grandeur)...

...Wait, you've gone already? Why, what a loss to the flightsim community:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Ego has left the building..."

elvis-has-left-the-building-embossed-alu

Archived