Release: Lukla - Mount Everest

Would it be possible to add some AI-Traffic to Lukla with one of the AI ADDONS like Ultimate Traffic or Traffic 2005 or something like them?

greetz

Tiki

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember that the AI will use the old runway beneath the scenery, thus making it impossible to use them correctly.

Another excuse for flying online and watching friends abort their landings :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought Lukla yesterday. What an awesome airport! :wink:

It's really impressive and probably the most difficult place to land in the world.

So far I haven't been able to land there, but with some practice, I should be able to do it... eventually. :D

The scenery design is really top-notch!

Puppy

• Aerosoft
Just bought Lukla yesterday. What an awesome airport! :wink:

It's really impressive and probably the most difficult place to land in the world.

So far I haven't been able to land there, but with some practice, I should be able to do it... eventually. :D

The scenery design is really top-notch!

Puppy

Ahhh, right, as I just wrote in a press release, the best looking place to chrash your aircraft, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this airport based on what I experienced with the sloped runway of EDER of Germany 4 and took my first flight at Lukla. Replaced the 182 default with the caranado's stationair and toof off and landed nicely...well as nicely as I could without crash and burn and had to hard brake ...just about.

AMAZING... The scenery is spectacular....

Infact I made a comment on AVSIM about If I buy this...where would I fly to.. I need another aiport like New Delhi or Katmandu or something...Big mistake.

You guys are onto something with sceneries that has these high muntain passes and uneven runways.... This is a new experience in flight simming.

When I took off and lifted off the runway... it was breathtaking. I have a 24" widescreen monitor and a Frensel lens to boot.... it was spectacular.

I am going to post this on AVSIM too and then get back to flying this..

Manny

PS: I got the Mega Frankfurt in the morning and flew that for a while.. But this is taking my attention away from that.

Issues: My trees are white (snowy) in the green background. Don't know why.

and

syngboche airport is white not brown like I see in some pictures here. I set the time to Summer Noon. and that didn't help.

Issues: My trees are white (snowy) in the green background. Don't know why.

and

syngboche airport is white not brown like I see in some pictures here. I set the time to Summer Noon. and that didn't help.

Well, looks like you have chosen a flight with snow weather. If you start your flight default weather, you can still change it afterwards and all textures will be green/brown.

Sascha

• 3 months later...

It is possible to have AI Traffic in Lukla. And it is free and very easy.

http://www.neusinger.net/recorder/ - here you get a free flight recorder module. Start the Recorder, record your Lukla Flight and save it. Then you are able to start the player and play your recorded flight as AI Traffic.

I tested it yesterday and now I have two Twin Otters and a Heli as AI in Lukla. - Very nice... :-)

• 3 months later...

Hi Tiki,

this is a superb hint ! Fixed wing AI works perfect on the sloped runway and also chopper AI works great (with the work-around explained in their forum).

Thanks a lot !

Ciao, Peter

Hi guys' date=' here's an example of a flight I took around Lukla and Everest in the excellent Nemeth MIL :D ']

Nick,

Awsome screen shots, you helped me make up my mind. :D

Thanks Cris, it's kind of you to say. But are you sure it's not my pretty picture in the scenery that drew you in? :wink:

MMMMMmmmm........... Nick, I'm not quite sure. Of course this is comming from the guy that thinks the best looking thing in the world is a 182 with grass stains on the prop tips with wheel pants that have a light coat of mud on them! :lol:

Now that's what flying is all about :!:

I am hoping Lukla would be released for FSX AFTER higher resolution texture and with larger area of photo textures.

Releasing it such that it will just run in FSX really doesn't add value, cause we can always loadup and run FS9 for Lukla.

Lukla is a great addon that deserves higher reolsution textures and larger area of phototextures..if possible.

My 2c

8)

Manny

• Aerosoft
I am hoping Lukla would be released for FSX AFTER higher resolution texture and with larger area of photo textures.

Releasing it such that it will just run in FSX really doesn't add value, cause we can always loadup and run FS9 for Lukla.

Lukla is a great addon that deserves higher reolsution textures and larger area of phototextures..if possible.

My 2c

8)

Manny

Right now Lukla is part of a slightly larger project that will cover Kathmandu as well. We'll have more info on that soon.

• 3 months later...
Right now Lukla is part of a slightly larger project that will cover Kathmandu as well. We'll have more info on that soon.

I discovered Lukla while flying to Everest, and I am eagerly awaiting the release of your slightly larger project. When do you anticipate that it will be released? Or at least let us know when we'll know.

Thanks

I discovered Lukla while flying to Everest, and I am eagerly awaiting the release of your slightly larger project. When do you anticipate that it will be released? Or at least let us know when we'll know.

Currently we are really busy with German Airfields and VFR Germany. As soon as the first volumes of those have been released, we'll move on with Lukla and, perhaps, Kethmandu.

Bests,

Sascha