Flickering textures at Frankfurt adter SP1 ( boxed version )

Gerard

Hi team,

I am helping a friend of mine with his Fs.

He has a boxed Frankfurt version and has the flickering textures issue.

It is really disturbing.

The cd update does not change that.

The graphics card he has is my former card ( Fx 6800 GT ) and with that card I did not have the flickering at all( I have the download version ).

He has Megascenery America with several Cities.

I unchecked them in the scenery library but no luck.

Any suggestions ?

Hi Shaun,

The pc is near me.

Either flying to the airport or climbing from the airport, the flickering appears when looking down in the distance ( incline ) .

When being very near the objects there is no flickering.

Just the distance.

It looks like there are ants crowling around.

Changing resolution / monitor frequency / trilineair/ bilineair does not change it.

Hello Gerard,

So its not the scenery underneath showing through then. What about the mip-map settings in FS9 and the graphics card properties, are these possibly set to high.

Also there is a set of Mip Mapped textures that can be downloaded from here that helped others with the shimmering texture issue rom the download product. Could you try them and see if it works.

Shaun,

That did the trick !

No more flickering.

I now know why I did not have any flickering with that card in my pc : I always mipmap textures when they have not been done.

Therefor I already had them on my own pc.

Thanks again,