ESDG Citation X 2.0 Approach titles gone

IGrant

I just purchased NavData Pro and updated for the first time with it and I have noticed that all of the approaches for the ESDG Citation X 2.0 are missing names. They are all named the same as the runway. For example, if I select approach for runway 23L I get a page full of selected called '23L' instead of RNAV or ILS and so forth. Is this a known issue or am I the only one? I don't really like trying to guess and make sure I've gotten the right approach loaded in the FMC.

Part of what I was really curious about was if anyone else was having the issue. Below the left FMS is showing the problem where in once I have selected a runway, the following page in which I select my approach is only giving me this rather than something like ILS 27L, RNAV 27L and so on. This occurs for every airport I've tried, not just KORD. The right FMS is showing more or less where I am in the process and where the error is occuring- After choosing an arrival airport and runway. Mind you, this is from the previous AIRAC cycle that just expired a few days ago but I was having the problem before the expiration. Before I updated my navdata with Nav Data Pro I was getting the correct approach options using the default database installed with the aircraft. I thought to try updating to the latest cycle to see if maybe it was an odd occurrence with just this cycle in particular but I only have the 4 cycle plan and I don't really want to waste an update on it.

NavDataApprProblem_zps05e213d6.jpg

Ok so to be clear, with Navigraph this works and with NavDataPro it does not?

The Citation is a recent purchase for me so I never downloaded a ESDG specific install from Navigraph the last time I updated from them. However, it appears as though the Citation uses the FeelThere navdata so I will see if I can install a backed up cycle for that and copy it to the ESDG nav data folder. It took me until just now to figure out where the ESDG nav data is stored, or I would have tried this before!

Edit:

I dropped in the most recent Navigraph FT (1203) nd.MDB file I had into the ESDG nav data folder and the approach names come back. I verified the cycle date on the FMS init page to ensure the data was active which it was. I've not got any FeelThere aircraft installed at the moment to see if the same problem exists with them or I would check that for you. At any rate, I appreciate that you are looking in to the matter for me.

Just stumbled across this post. I frequently fly the ES Citation and experienced the same issue as the OP. I was using the AS navs with all my addons for ease of one-click installs. I had to switch back to the NG nav for the Citation to fix this specific problem. I'm happy to have NG as an option, but along with the OP look forward to hearing about why this happens with AS.

Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Same problem here. For all approaches to LOWG rwy 35C it shows only the runway. No hint, if this is an ILS, VOR/DME or NDB approach. I installed the Navigraph data set and it worked perfectly. Please try to find the error.

Rgds

Reinhard

• 1 month later...

Hi,

The support for this issue is very disappointing. No fix for months and we have to buy NavdataPro and Navigraph credits. When my 13 months pack of Navdata Pro will be used and the bug is not fixed, I will switch back to the other database. Although the update is much easier here, they at least do listen to their customers.

Rgds

Reinhard

Hi,

The support for this issue is very disappointing. No fix for months and we have to buy NavdataPro and Navigraph credits. When my 13 months pack of Navdata Pro will be used and the bug is not fixed, I will switch back to the other database. Although the update is much easier here, they at least do listen to their customers.

Rgds

Reinhard

+1

I was just waiting for someone else to say it. Lol

Rob

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi guys,

sorry, that nobody came back to you reagarding this issue. I didn't fly the Citation for quite a while. But there is something I came across:

It seems as if indeed the same database is used for Fellthere and Eaglesofts cCitation. The problem that I can see is, that the navdatabases are stored in different locations:

Feelthere: ..:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FeelThere\

Eaglesoft: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Navdata\

The NavdataPro installer points by default to the Feelthere location for the Eaglesoft, what is IMHO not correct.

So please check what files (and what date) you have in the location for the Eaglesoft. The important thing in ths folder is a file called NavData.dll which comes from Eaglesoft, so this might be the difference.

So maybe somebody could try to copy the NavdataPro data from the Feelthere folder to the Eaglesoft folder, If this solves the problem, the installer must be corrected. IF not, it might have something to do with this navdata.dll.

Sorry, if you tried this already. In this case I'll point the devs again to this topic.

"So maybe somebody could try to copy the NavdataPro data from the Feelthere folder to the Eaglesoft folder"

As I mentioned in another post
http://forum.aerosof...-195-kdtw-sids/.......... the Feelthere Navdata is bad also (in the feelthere folder)..

The problem was never answered for me so I switched to Navigraph 13 cycle subscription ... that corrected all problems I had.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, it's more than 3 months now since these issues have been reported for the first time. Nothing has happened until now. The new AIRAC 13/13 is also broken again. I will switch back to Navigraph the next summer when my NavDataPro suscription has expired. Bye.

• 1 month later...

I also have this issue with the ESDG/FeelThere database, not differentiating the specific kind of approach, but only listing a series of identical runway numbers.

I would think that after multiple reports of this problem over a six month period, someone from Aerosoft could take the time to investigate why this error exists? The complete lack of any response from the publisher is extremely discouraging.

I originally subscribed to NavDataPro because of the convenience of having an easy-to-use interface that allowed me to download and manage navdata packages for all of my add-on aircraft at once. Now that your competitor has a similar management interface, I can see little point in continuing my subscription to the Aerosoft product if there is no intention to correct an obvious problem reported by multiple users.

The database appears to be in Microsoft Access format. How much trouble could it be to do a side-by-side comparison of the internal fields of the databse that works vs. the database that does NOT work? Doing so should reveal the source of the problem in short order. I don't own MS Access or I would do it myself.

I'll discuss this today.

Thank you. It appears that perhaps the field assigned to the approach identifier within the database template has the wrong width - limited to three characters, when (I believe) the field should be at least 5 characters wide.

The various runway approaches DO work if loaded - however at present there is no way to distinguish an ILS vs. LOC vs. GPS etc. approach for any given runway in the FMS approach selection menu.

Archived