Problems with checklist and overhead panel

Pansi

Hi,

A month ago I bought Airbus X Extended. Everything was working fine until I couldn't do the checklists anymore on the right mcdu.
My overhead panel is also acting weird when I want to start from a cold and dark state.
There are two photos attached if it's not clear.
Any help?

post-92053-0-27687700-1377021981_thumb.j

post-92053-0-19602200-1377021999_thumb.j

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Pansi, when it worked before, the question is, what did you change in the meantime?

And a hint to make screenshots:

in FSX simply press the "V" key. A bmp file will bestored in your "Pictures" folder under "Flight Simulator Files". Open the file and save it as jpg file and attach it here.

I didn't change anything. I guess it just crashed or something. Also I can't move the throttles. They stay in idle and thanks for the tip :)

• Aerosoft

But something must have changed otherwise it would still work. I suggest a re-install.

1) remove the product using the Windows Software control panel (do not manually delete the program files)
2) do a disk check (right click on the drive, select properties, select tools, select check now)
3) reboot your computer
4) log in with administrative rights
5) disable the anti-virus software temporary
6) install the product
7) enable the anti-virus software
8) defragment your disk (NOT if you are using a SSD)

But something must have changed otherwise it would still work. I suggest a re-install.

1) remove the product using the Windows Software control panel (do not manually delete the program files)
2) do a disk check (right click on the drive, select properties, select tools, select check now)
3) reboot your computer
4) log in with administrative rights
5) disable the anti-virus software temporary
6) install the product
7) enable the anti-virus software
8) defragment your disk (NOT if you are using a SSD)

Just did everything, but it didn't help. Any other suggestions?

I also already resetted the whole computer back to standard form.

I can load the cold and dark state. But the button 'Checklist' on the right mcdu stays dark colored and the overhead panel is acting weird. I also can't move the throttles anymore. They stay in idle.

Did you reinstall the Airbus 'as administrator'? (Disabling UAC could help, too.)

Where is your FSX located? In programs(x86) folder or a custom folder like c:\FSX?

In program files (x86)

In program files (x86)

So you should install and run everything related to FSX 'as admin' - every time.

BTW, Otto was referring to the way you load the Airbus:

1) Startup situation with a default plane

2) Start the flight ("Let's go!")

3) Change aircraft/load the Airbus

• 2 weeks later...

Archived