I would take Win 7/64 at this moment as OS.

I've given +1 for this post. This is still my opinion in March 2014.

(I have contributed to posts here in the aerosoft forum, where Win8/fsx users wrote, that Win8.1/fsx is not the perfect combination.)

For the Threadstarter:

Mr Haczek and me don't yet need an i7 4th generation. I feel that a 4770K should be accompanied by nothing less than a

Radeon R9 290X!

:D

[sorry I don't know much about nvidia but, we can have a look at this link:]

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

PS: And I gave +1 to Lieutenant FS20 (post #22), because he perfectly understood what Mr Haczek and me are using. Although I'll never forget a fs9 user, who wrote an Aerosoft EDDS review with 12 GB aboard. But 8 GB are enough, at least when I perform the t/o at MAF X aboard my pmdg B744X...

PS II: Don't you underestimate the Lieutenants. They might be older than me, and they might know this forum better than me...

:excellenttext_s:

Personally I would add at least a 240Gb SSD for FSX/your chosen sim. 120Gb is way too small and you will run out of room on it in next to no time, keep it for your OS. They you will quite litterally be flying.

Hey Matthew!!! Where have you hidden since the last time that I was searching for my contemporary??!!!

[He's as old as me, but he ruined 30 or 40 keyboards, if you compare his amount # of posts to mine. And he's only 6 months longer here than me!]

Bonus for Mr Kok: Matthew obviously ruins 7 times more keyboards than me, cp his # of posts. But I use... 1 keyboard since my first word in this forum! But the name of this everlast keyboard is not readable for Mr Kok:

xx xxxx-x.

^_^

---

Matt, good to see you. :lol::D

I don't use SSD yet, because of what you've said: " 120 Gig is so tiny/not sufficient at all". But I compare with Mr Haczek. Did you have a look at his signature?

PS: Are you aware of your signature? I mean, this is ... a German car. Is there a current record with Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) in this car? And (I know that Mr Kok reads all my offtopic entries)...

Do you know a PC game that includes the car in your signature on the Top Gear Test track?

[This is still offtopic, but I dare it! Let's go to pm. Mr Kok asked me to avoid non-aviation topics in the public!]

I'd liken it to buying a Bugatti Veyron and never leaving central London.

The following will suit your needs perfectly:

CPU: I5 3750k / 4750k

MB: Z77: LX / Pro / Z78: A / Plus / Pro

RAM: 8GB 1600

GPU: GTX 560 / 660

PSU: 600W Bronze / Gold (Don't buy cheap - Seasonic G series highly recommended)

Cooler: Of your choice (Noctua highly recommended for air)

Case: Of your choice (Corsair 300R isn't a bad shout)

The above will cost no more than £750 depending on the motherboard and GPU of choice (less so for Z77 and IVY). I'd recommend going for the Haswell due to the better motherboards and being able to take advantage of the 4-way optimisation feature allowing effortless synchronisation of all components within your build. (I.e Automatic over clocking)

This Hardware will OC nicely and have FSX running how you want it to run without 70% of the system idling for the sake of idling.

FSX does NOT make use of I7's, more than 4GB RAM and next gen GPU's so don't go waste an extra £500/600 doing so.

X-plane however.........

F

(I have contributed to posts here in the aerosoft forum, where Win8/fsx users wrote, that Win8.1/fsx is not the perfect combination.)

Win8.1 is for FSX,PMDG ect no problem ;)

I agree in general with these posts, but i'd be cautious with choosing a lower end gpu. With programs like X-plane 10 that use all the gpu it can get on the rise, just keep in mind that you might benefit from a more powerful gpu. Also, don't think that fsx doesn't use the gpu at all, it too can benefit from a faster gpu. Just something to keep in mind before you buy.

Archived