Twin Otter Extended Autopilot Question

jotayhen

I searched and could not find where this question had been asked and addressed so I'm hoping someone has run into this issue and has found a way around it.

I fly with the CH yoke and pedals. When I disengage the Twin Otter Extended autopilot "ALT" button in preparation for hand-flying the aircraft as I commence descending into the vicinity of my destination airport I find my trim buttons on my yoke will not function. I must fully disengage the autopilot before that function is returned to my yoke rocker button. I do not have this problem if I never turn on the autopilot and I no longer have this problem when I turn the autopilot off. Only when I disengage the "ALT" button while the autopilot is still powered up. I have not tried to power up the autopilot, engage the "HDG" button only and then see if the trim works on my yoke - honestly didn't think to try it.

Has anybody run into this issue and maybe found a work-around yet? Thanks!

Please use the "Twin Otter extended" support forum found here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/588-twin-otter-extended/

With the autopilot turned on, but no vertical (ALT, IAS, APPR) or lateral (HDG, NAV, APPR, BC) selected, the autopilot will be in manual mode.

In manual mode the autpilot will try to maintain the attitude (Pitch, Roll) thatwas present when the Autopilot was turned on or the vertical/horizontal modes turned off.

With manual mode active You can set the desired pitch and roll with the switch/rockerswitch forun on the center part of the Yoke beside the Yaw damper switch.

Left/Right mouse clicks will change amount of roll left/right. Mousewheel Up/Down will change the pitch up/down.

Finn

Thanks, Finn! I'm sorry I didn't post correcly. If anything else crops up I will certainly move to the Twin Otter Extended support forum. I appreciate your sharing a solution with me.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm sorry I didn't post correcly. If anything else crops up I will certainly move to the Twin Otter Extended support forum. I appreciate your sharing a solution with me.

It is not just about posting, it is also about reading!

You might find that your questions already have been answered in the support forum. :)

The manual is also a good source, but of course it´s allowed to ask questions here if in doubt. Thats the purpose of a support forum.

Finn

Archived