IVAO

Highflyer2

*Firstly this has been posted with permission from both Mathijs Kok and IVAO HQ*
Hi guys,
Iam going to keep this brief as this is Areosoft's forum for there products but Id like to introduce you all to IVAO , the online network. All shots shown below have been taken by IVAO members on the network NO computerized AI are shown.
zTevD.jpg
With permissions: Michael W
FoeV.png
Showing two planes on the approach into 27L at Heathrow carefully managed by our ATC. The 'FLYUK' plane showing the quality of the planes other users are represented in.
wJon8.png
With permissions: Dan Lewington. We have a range of IFR traffic,VFR traffic and even military.
UtMv3.png
Dusseldorf handles alot of traffic daily on IVAO here's a shot from yesterday to show you.
alNA.png
And again..
zLsCV.jpg
With permissions:Francesco Brambilla Pisoni. Frankfurt traffic.
mGSZe.jpg
With permissions:Max Mertznich. Aircraft told to hold short of runway!
adGA.jpg
With permissions: Matthias Hannel. Traffic departing for an evening flight.
iwxN3.png
Now this has become a vital piece of my FSX setup. A screenshot taken yesterday from my Ipad at Frankfurt. Its a free app from IVAO that shows you your flight plan route and where you are in relation. As well as all online ATC. Here we can see Frankfurt Ground is online(Yellow Star shape) Tower (Grey Circle) Approach(Red Circle) and Delivery as well. Frequencies are listed to the left but if you dont have an tablet don't worry as we use standard frequencies anyway.
As said Iam keeping it as brief, as I can.Here is a quick link to the IVAO UK divisions website where we have a team ready to help you get flying as quick as possible it really is so easy!
It really transformed my sim and I love flying in and out of Areosoft's airports more than ever now.
Cheers
EDIT- At the UK division we are holding a 'new members flying night' on the 29th August.

I'm sure there are a lot of us who only fly GA, are well also welcome on IVAO? Only asking as all you show is tubeliners ;)

Hi Matt,

Yeah we do have quite a few GA planes all over the network, as mentioned in photo 3. :) However I was trying to give an idea of the traffic levels we get. Although there are a lot of GA planes out there they don't often fly in big groups meaning the pictures would only be of 1-2 GA planes, which wouldnt look very exciting. We do have VFR events in the UK as well where the are lots of light aircraft but you can always arrange a VFR flight with a mate anytime you wanted, anyone is welcome :) If you need any help connecting visit the IVAO UK website or even post below, Ill check this every few hours.

Cheers

One should also mention that IVAO is not the only online network. There is another one called VATSIM and they offer similar service than IVAO.

You should choose one which network you want to fly. As far as I am aware there are more controllers in the european airspace on VATSIM and more around America on IVAO.

I myself am flying on VATSIM and have made a very good experience there. I even used it to train for my (real world) BZF (the Flight Radiotelephone Operator's certificate) and it helped me very much so that I passed the exam easily and I know that quite some friends of mine did the same and had similar results.

As far as I am aware VATSIM's client used to connect to the network has more possibilitys than IVAO's one. For example you can assign your own payware models to the planes other pilots fly and so you see for examples many Aerosoft Airbusses and NGX's flying around. I do not know if the IVAO client can do that.

Anyway I would suggest all of you to do some research on your own before trying out any of the two networks. In the end everyone should descide on his own and simply try out both networks to check and see which one suits him better.

One should also mention that IVAO is not the only online network. There is another one called VATSIM and they offer similar service than IVAO.

You should choose one which network you want to fly. As far as I am aware there are more controllers in the european airspace on VATSIM and more around America on IVAO.

I myself am flying on VATSIM and have made a very good experience there. I even used it to train for my (real world) BZF (the Flight Radiotelephone Operator's certificate) and it helped me very much so that I passed the exam easily and I know that quite some friends of mine did the same and had similar results.

As far as I am aware VATSIM's client used to connect to the network has more possibilitys than IVAO's one. For example you can assign your own payware models to the planes other pilots fly and so you see for examples many Aerosoft Airbusses and NGX's flying around. I do not know if the IVAO client can do that.

Anyway I would suggest all of you to do some research on your own before trying out any of the two networks. In the end everyone should descide on his own and simply try out both networks to check and see which one suits him better.

In the nicest way this post was carefully planed by both me and IVAO so I dont really want to discus Vastim in to much detail. Yes people can choose as they wish but this topic is for IVAO. But since its been mentioned I might aswell tell you my opinion: Ive flown on both Networks for a large period of times. Vatsim about 16 months and IVAO nearly 12 now. After switching to IVAO I havent even thought about Vatsim. Iam not claiming this is for everyone but personally this is what I like about IVAO....

• Iam going to have to disagree with you Europe is busier on IVAO than Vatsim as a continent. There are multiple controlls from Germany,France,Spain,Uk,Finland,Holland,Belgium etc. From my experiences on Vatsim, past the UK is pretty dead in Europe. Check for yourself now live! IVAO= http://www.ivao.co.uk/eye.inc.php Vatsim=http://www.vattastic.com/ . Ivao is growing with new members daily across the globe!
  • A big problem for me in Vatsim was seeing other players. I must of spent hours trying to get other people's planes to display in the correct livery but never succeded. With the MTL on IVAO (Multiplayer Traffic Libray) its a 60 second download and you have all aircraft shown properly from Eurofighters to Cessnas to A380's its all there in the right liveries. To a high quality with next to no fps impact. This is a personal prefrence but why would I want other player to be in NGX's or areosoft airbus X think of the fps hit!
  • My next point is radio communications. Anyone IVAO or Vatsim will admit the Comms are better on IVAO due to the fact we use teamspeak. You can hear everyone very clearly unlike Vatsim. I tired of saying' repeat' or 'what was that on Vatsim due to there voice client.
  • Finally on IVAO I prefer the community in genral. Dont get me wrong the Vatsim community are full of great guys be at IVAO they really make you feel welcome. We have a forum full of talk about aviation,online flying and have a laugh there often. They really put themselves out for the community and it really shows.

Anyway Iam not turning this into an IVAO vs Vatsim debate there are plenty on those on the internet find them yourselves. This is areosoft's forum so I dont want to detract from there products. Thanks for your input Emi,as I said this is my opinion but it was made for IVAO :)

Cheers again.

Josh

Hey Josh,

don't get me wrong. As you said this is the Aerosoft forum and in my opinion our customers should know about both networks. Aerosoft has good connections with both of them and so in my opinion it's just fair to mention the other one in a little post.
With this I never indended to setup a debate about which one is better. That's why I kept my post so short anyway. In this topic the main topic is of cause IVAO and it will stay IVAO.

Hey Josh,

don't get me wrong. As you said this is the Aerosoft forum and in my opinion our customers should know about both networks. Aerosoft has good connections with both of them and so in my opinion it's just fair to mention the other one in a little post.

With this I never indended to setup a debate about which one is better. That's why I kept my post so short anyway. In this topic the main topic is of cause IVAO and it will stay IVAO.

Thanks for your understanding Emi, and again if anyone has any questions about IVAO or having trouble connecting please post below

Cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to show this is an open community, and that Aerosoft does not choose its officers with a given orientation, I fly in IVAO, mainly in Brazil (I am too shy speaking english and too bad pilot to increase my opportunities to screw the whole approach of several to a given runway), but have to say ATC in IVAO is both friendly and professional. You can get all the help you need and a kind pull of ears if you do something wrong, so you LEARN with them.

Do not know VATSIM, so cannot say it is better or worse. If fact, it does not mind.
Think is great to have the oportunity to choose the one which fits you better...

Regards

I am a member of VATSIM (joined some 8 years ago AFAIR) and I have never tried IVAO.

But I would like to say that in my opinion it does not really matter that much which network you choose.

What counts is the experience you gain, the joy and satisfaction you feel and the living human thrill which can never be simulated by any AI/software.

Some like Airbuses, others prefer Boeings. Some like VATSIM, some like IVAO, some even use both.

Anyway if this is being read by someone who loves flight simulation and has never tried online flying yet, just do it!

Your flying will never be the same. Be it IVAO or VATSIM.

Thank you, HIghflyer2 for a nice screenshot presentation.

Here's a link to my (and Rob's) posts in another forum if someone want some extra VATSIM info too: http://www.airsimmer.com/support/index.php?showtopic=8501

• Aerosoft

Rafal is right... very right.

Flying under ATC control done by humans really expands this hobby. It's a step every serious simmer should take and take my word for it, it's easier than it seems. It's far easier than learning to fly an Airbus for example.

I'm a member both of IVAO and VATSIM. I started with VATSIM, joined IVAO to try it out and reverted back to VATSIM.

Both networks has it's bonuses and minuses, I personally prefer VATSIM. I will not fight the coverage, I generally do not have problems with ATC being online, I mainly fly within Europe and sometimes take take big tubes over to other continents.

VATSIM is more professional, this is absolutely true on VATSIM side and there can't be an argument, there is a steel hard training system in place and there is no controller online that hasn't received training for the appropriate position he/she is staffing and looking through I often see a lot more of real world controllers that staff VATSIM (We have 3 in our tiny vACC). On the pilots side there can be an argument, on both sides there are terrible, bad, good and excellent examples of people flying, the thing I notice on VATSIM is that people learn and pick up early, if they use the community as a starting point and there are some people that are ready to show them and sometimes tell "Well that was terrible, this is how it should be done". And again true would be on IVAO's side, but then there are also "isolated" pilots, that don't evolve their skills, but stay on the "spot". Only one of my objective views would be that people that switch from IVAO to VATSIM have a bit less knowledge.

Clients, well IVAO is a winner here for me, it's a organized system and the MTL works very good (I use it on VATSIM), FSINN and SB are just too far apart and often seem to have a lot of problems.

Community, well "main" community (Forums) here would be on IVAO's side, but the local ones would be on VATSIM, don't worry in any way, everyone, mostly, is helpful :)

As Rafal said, it's fun, now, I could say it's a drug, in no way I'm reverting back to offline. I know the scares of trying it out, listen, don't be scared, be prepared, everyone has been there, they know how it is to try it out. It's a learning ground and a opening to a lot of knowledge, come and join! :)

But I would like to say that in my opinion it does not really matter that much which network you choose.

What counts is the experience you gain, the joy and satisfaction you feel and the living human thrill which can never be simulated by any AI/software.

Some like Airbuses, others prefer Boeings. Some like VATSIM, some like IVAO, some even use both.

Anyway if this is being read by someone who loves flight simulation and has never tried online flying yet, just do it!

Your flying will never be the same. Be it IVAO or VATSIM.

Thank you, HIghflyer2 for a nice screenshot presentation.

Thank you for you input I completely agree anyone should JUST DO IT. It REALLY does change your simmining experience!

I'm a member both of IVAO and VATSIM. I started with VATSIM, joined IVAO to try it out and reverted back to VATSIM.

Both networks has it's bonuses and minuses, I personally prefer VATSIM. I will not fight the coverage, I generally do not have problems with ATC being online, I mainly fly within Europe and sometimes take take big tubes over to other continents.

VATSIM is more professional, this is absolutely true on VATSIM side and there can't be an argument, there is a steel hard training system in place and there is no controller online that hasn't received training for the appropriate position he/she is staffing and looking through I often see a lot more of real world controllers that staff VATSIM (We have 3 in our tiny vACC). On the pilots side there can be an argument, on both sides there are terrible, bad, good and excellent examples of people flying, the thing I notice on VATSIM is that people learn and pick up early, if they use the community as a starting point and there are some people that are ready to show them and sometimes tell "Well that was terrible, this is how it should be done". And again true would be on IVAO's side, but then there are also "isolated" pilots, that don't evolve their skills, but stay on the "spot". Only one of my objective views would be that people that switch from IVAO to VATSIM have a bit less knowledge.

Clients, well IVAO is a winner here for me, it's a organized system and the MTL works very good (I use it on VATSIM), FSINN and SB are just too far apart and often seem to have a lot of problems.

Community, well "main" community (Forums) here would be on IVAO's side, but the local ones would be on VATSIM, don't worry in any way, everyone, mostly, is helpful :)

As Rafal said, it's fun, now, I could say it's a drug, in no way I'm reverting back to offline. I know the scares of trying it out, listen, don't be scared, be prepared, everyone has been there, they know how it is to try it out. It's a learning ground and a opening to a lot of knowledge, come and join! :)

Thanks for your post and your evaluation on both networks :) But Ive already discussed about trying not to turn this into IVAO vs Vastim please everyone is entitled to there opinion and will have different preferences but this is a post for IVAO and I think Vatsim has been mentioned enough now. For me I wouldn't say IVAO is more or less professional they both follow procedures to a high standard. So when choosing a network the quality of service is just as high on IVAO as it is on Vatsim.

The reason I chose IVAO was its simplicity really. I really was flying online in about 15 minutes time including downloading all the software I cant tell you how easy it is! Follow these steps and after 10-15 minutes you'll never be able to go back to AI aircraft.http://www.ivao.co.u...etstarted,pilot

Please no more posts about Vatsim here please as this is IVAO. And once again anyone having troubles with connecting to IVAO post below and Ill get back to you within an hour or two.

Cheers

People always have to come and ruin topics. This is an IVAO topic, leave it at that.

Besides that, there's a lot of wrong information about IVAO by people who don't know about the network or have little experience about it. The MTL system alone is worth the world, and that's unique to IVAO. Then there's the fantastic pilot client, career, tours, friendly people, more controllers and more pilots... You name it.

It feels good to be on IVAO and thank you for this topic.

Many thanks for posting Nuno :)

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Just a friendly reminder about our New members night in the UK tommorow from 18z staff will be on hand to ansew any questions you have. IFR traffic is from a fully staffed Manchester down to a fully staffed Gatwick with London Control and other stations taking you there. If your more into GA feel free to come and do some circuits or even a cross country flight. We are expecting a good turn out so seen you all on my TCAS ;)

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hello again guys,

Since I posted this back in Mid August around 550 of you have read this topic which is great! We have noticed a large increase of flight in and around the UK on the network many of which I know are from the Areosoft forum,which is great to see. If you haven't yet come and give us a go. I wont bore you with the links and everything again as they're on the thread already!

Kind Regards

Josh

Archived