New Graphics Card needed

Hello guys,

I got a problem. My graphics card just broke down and now I need a new one very quickly.

I previously got a GTX460. Now I want a new better card. It needs to support 2 screens.

The price should be approximatly 200€, maybe a little bit more or less.

I'm looking forward to your recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you advise me a good one, ?

I descided to go for the GTX 660Ti and have to say that I'm satisfied with it.

Before I had a GTX460 and with my new card I get approximately 3-5 fps more. But I know that the limiting factor in my computer is the CPU which has only 3.4Ghz.

Okay, i have a I5 4 core @

Before I had a GTX460 and with my new card I get approximately 3-5 fps more. But I know that the limiting factor in my computer is the CPU which has only 3.4Ghz.

Okay, i have an I5 @ 2.76 Mhz 4 core..... Seems not good enough.

What do you thinkmof those hardware mcdu panels ?

I am new here, so forgive my"funny" questions please.

So understand that an I5 750 @ 2,67 is not quite good enough for FSX , and also that the Graphic Card will decide about the Quality but not the Frame per second. Thus it is not logical to put a perfect GC (like the GTX 760) on a board like mine.

Is it advisable to use external Hardware like the mcdu from VR Insight in the Airbus Extended Software ?

Okay, i have an I5 @ 2.76 Mhz 4 core..... Seems not good enough.

What do you thinkmof those hardware mcdu panels ?

2.8GHz is not bad. You will not be able to run many HD addons togeather but FSX will run, even with some of our addons installed.

I am new here, so forgive my"funny" questions please.

So understand that an I5 750 @ 2,67 is not quite good enough for FSX , and also that the Graphic Card will decide about the Quality but not the Frame per second. Thus it is not logical to put a perfect GC (like the GTX 760) on a board like mine.

Is it advisable to use external Hardware like the mcdu from VR Insight in the Airbus Extended Software ?

That's not completely true.

The fps you get are a result of both.

First of all you need to know that FSX is something special here and it is unlike other games.

FSX mostly needs the CPU. You should in any case have a strong CPU. Yours is not bad and as long as you don't plan to use many high end addons togeather your CPU will be perfectly fine for FSX.

The graphic card is important for the look of the overall image displayed. But it is also important for the framerate, but not as important as the CPU.

If you already got a GTX760 in your computer then you certainly need a CPU upgrade and not a better graphics card if you consider changing your hardware.

It does not make a difference to framerates if you use flight simulator hardware or not. I personally have always been fine without having all the panels and so on. I only need by yoke, throttles and rudders.

If you like having something physical in your hand and don't mind the cost of it you may get such hardware.

In your personal case I would rather go for a better CPU though instead of flight sim hardware. For the price you would spend into the FS devices you could get a very good CPU which will be able to run FSX with a very smooth image even when using many high end addons togeather.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I also got a GTX660 (3Gb) last year and I am happy with it.

If you use X-Plane 10 you should buy a card with at least 3Gb RAM!

• 3 months later...

Archived