PMDG MD11 and LEPA

Galskiman

A couple of days ago, i made a flight with the PMDG MD11 from LSZH to LEPA. I noticed, that there are no transitions for the ILS 06L runway for example the MJV transition.

In the Navigraph AIRAC 1308 the transitions for ILS 06L are correct aviable at the PMDG MD11.

I checked it with the Airbus Extended (NavDataPro)and found everything was correct. At the release of NavDataPro it was told that NavDataPro is fully compatible with the PMDG MD11.Obviously it isn't.

Please have a look on that.

cheers Galskiman

I cannot account for the MD-11 but the procedure is listed in the NavdataPro file and loads in the PMDG 747:

APPROACH ILS06L FIX PLM9 AT OR ABOVE 1900 FIX PLM51 AT 1700 RNW 06L FIX JOA AT OR ABOVE 427 SPEED 185 FIX JOA75 SPEED 210 FIX R269T AT 2000 FIX CDP AT 3000 HOLD AT FIX CDP LEFT TURN INBOUNDCOURSE 274 LEGTIME 1
TRANSITION ADX FIX ADXNB AT OR ABOVE 5000 FIX R257 AT OR ABOVE 3600 FIX R246 AT OR ABOVE 1900
TRANSITION JOA FIX JOA AT OR ABOVE 5500 FIX OVERFLY R221L AT OR ABOVE 1900 SPEED 220
TRANSITION MJV FIX MJV AT OR ABOVE 3000 FIX OVERFLY MJV08 AT OR ABOVE 1900 SPEED 220
post-5872-0-16868200-1376566123_thumb.jp

Please read my post carefully. I did not wrote that the transitions are missing at the NavDataPro database. I wrote that i checked the NavDataPro at the Airbus Extended and found everything ok = transitions are there.

I want to know why the NavDataPro isn't compatible with the PMDG MD11.

cheers galskiman

• Deputy Sheriffs

Seems to be more a problem with the MD11, as it loads fine in the PMDG 747 and they use the same database. Remember that the MD11 is quite old meanwhile.

Please read my post carefully. I did not wrote that the transitions are missing at the NavDataPro database. I wrote that i checked the NavDataPro at the Airbus Extended and found everything ok = transitions are there.

I want to know why the NavDataPro isn't compatible with the PMDG MD11.

cheers galskiman

I was merely pointing out that the procedure does exist and works with other PMDG aircraft as you had only tested with another vendor product that uses a different DB.

No further assistance from my side, Bye.

@srcooke: It was not my intension to dumbfound you, if i did so,i apologize for that.

@mopperle: Basically the PMDG 747 is older than the MD11 (both released for FS9) (6 month or so). Yes it could be a problem caused by the MD11 but :

The point is , that aerosoft said, that the NavDataPro is fully compatible with PMDG products (and the MD11 belongs to them) . Because of that i bought 13 circles from NavDataPro .I don't want to buy additional 13 circles from Navigraph , only for the MD11.

cheers galskiman

• Developer

@srcooke: It was not my intension to dumbfound you, if i did so,i apologize for that.

@mopperle: Basically the PMDG 747 is older than the MD11 (both released for FS9) (6 month or so). Yes it could be a problem caused by the MD11 but :

The point is , that aerosoft said, that the NavDataPro is fully compatible with PMDG products (and the MD11 belongs to them) . Because of that i bought 13 circles from NavDataPro .I don't want to buy additional 13 circles from Navigraph , only for the MD11.

cheers galskiman

Sorry, but as you see here, the format of the PMDG Aircrafts seams to be supported, as some/most of there aircrafts has no issue with this one discussed transition. Aerosoft is not able or responsable, when some special codeparts of there format is not be able to handle by some (or one) of there products. Ask PMDG, why the is a difference between the B747 and MD11, when someone can answer it, then PMDG.

No need to attack NAVdataPro or Aerosoft in this case. It whould be differnent, when several Transitions of many airports will not work with ALL there Airplanes, because then the Format is maybe wrong translated. This is not the case here.

No need to ask PMDG. Because PMDG then would say, that there Addons works with Navigraph. It is not PMDG who say that there airplanes works with NavDataPro.

But we can close this topic.

Thanks everybody and bye

Hi,

there is no error with Navdatapro here. Basically it is like Stephen and Oliver pointet out: If a procedure works on one PMDG aircraft, then it works on the others too. There is no difference how the aircrafts interpret the syntax. Maybe you got traped by the MD-11 logic, that requires the ILS06L to be inserted first, before you get the transitions displayed.

post-4772-0-89662700-1376992679_thumb.jp

Jan-Paul

No that was not the problem. The problem is solved by the way.

The MD11 gets trouble by already existing databases (the PMDG 737NGX has no problems with that,only the MD11)

After installing the MD11 you have to reinstall the NavDatabase for the PMDG Prodructs via the NavDataPro Client. Then everything works fine.

This happens also with Navigraph, you have to reinstall the AIRAC after the MD11 installation..

cheers Galskiman

Archived