LINDA module for Twotter Extended available!

guenseli

Hello,

after a longer absence for which I'm sorry, I have started the creation of modules again.

Now you can download the LINDA module for the Twin Otter Extended.

The download Link is in the LINDA forum

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/416130-aerosoft-twin-otter-extended-module-version-11

Here is a list of functions waiting to be assigned to your hardware:

DzJq5V2.jpg

If you want to have further information about LINDA, please have a look into the Forum

Please note:

please post all suggestions or bug reports in the LINDA forum, not here!

Have fun!!!

Günter

--------

v 1.0 > 1.1
AP Pitch and Bank switch and Yaw dumper added

p.s. Donations are very welcome for future addon purchases

Guest Closed

Hi,

Seems unusual that you have covered so many functions, but missed out the two controls that were most needed; "Pitch Up" and Pitch Down" on the rocker swtich (part of the AP) on hte yoke.

Cheers.

that's because I use the standard FSX Pitch up/down which are part of the standard FSX functions provided by LINDA.

But will add a "special Twotter version", too ^_^

Soon ...

If I understand it correctly it is now also possible to switch on/off the cabin lights separately from the panel lights?

Awesome.

No

Panel lights are the small individual lights lighting up the individual gauges.

Cabin light is the white domelight .

Finn

Guest Closed

I so wish I knew how on Earth to use this Linda, to get the custom commands assigned to keys, in the Twotter. :(

I have used LUA scripts for the Airbus X Extended and other add-ons, and they are so simple to use; simply placing the LUA file into 'Modules' then finding and assigning the commands in FSUIPC.

Can LINDA even work with keyboard assignments? ........ All I see in the GUI is references to hardware.

Just start LINDA.exe (in your modules folder) and there you should see your joysticks. Press a button and use the context menues of the LINDA GUI to assign your functions.

Here is the LINDA Beginners Manual:

http://www.fs-linda.com/downloads/Introducing_LINDA_v1.01.pdf

It is a lot of text, but much easier and detailed couldn'T it be ...

Guest Closed

But can LINDA only provide hardware button assignments?

I am trying to assign keyboard commands to things like the Twotter's Rocker Pitch Control (up/down)

With a LUA script, I can assign buttons or keyboard assignments, via FSUIPC.

With LINDA I can only assign joystick buttons, is that right?

Thanks

Guest Closed

EDIT: I found it - at last!

One has to click on the BUTTON PRESS column and there is an option for "Record Button Press".

I'm really happy about that, and thankful for your work. But LINDA is so unituitive. I think it would be a great idea to have a clearer way of assigning key commands, rather than them being so hidden within a hardware button press column.

But thanks.

I thought it was possible to use LINDA to assign a custom function (within the Twotter's Linda Profile) to a keyboard command but it seems Linda can only assign hardware button presses; not keyboard commands. :(

Guest Closed

Ah - it seems the keyboard function, is purely for enabling a hardware button press to control a subsequent keyboard event.

So there is still no way of using LINDA to take a Keyboard Event and assign it to one of the functions in each aircraft profile.

So LINDA can only be used for assigning hardware button events - not keyboard commands.

Wow.

As I said earlier, with LUA scripts, I could use FSUIPC to assign both key commands and button presses, to the functions. Linda only uses the button presses, and it has to run in the background while FSX is running..... :/

Guest Closed

Thanks, I won't trouble you any longer. LINDA can not do something which seemed pretty straightforward to me; assigning a keyboard command to a function within an aircraft's Linda profile......... only hardware button presses.

So it's not for me.

I can only hope someone releases a LUA script, with these Twin Otter functions; so key commands can be made in FSUIPC, with no need for Linda.

Guest Closed

Thanks for clarifying anyway. And sorry that I came across as frustrated in this thread. I appreciate the work you've done in LINDA, and foremost, that it is free. :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks, I won't trouble you any longer. LINDA can not do something which seemed pretty straightforward to me; assigning a keyboard command to a function within an aircraft's Linda profile......... only hardware button presses.

So it's not for me.

I can only hope someone releases a LUA script, with these Twin Otter functions; so key commands can be made in FSUIPC, with no need for Linda.

+1

I like all assignments in MSFSX as usual (keyboars usage) and being able to use FSUIPC to assign commands to hardware yoke buttons.

Archived