Flight...

petermcleland

I enjoyed taking these two today:-
fl001.jpg
I found this nice little Port with good marina parking...
fl002.jpg
...after getting the Aerocache of the day which was that White Lighthouse on the peninsula outside the port.
fl003.jpg
Thanks for looking :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Really nice, what addon is that you're using?

Judging the name 'Nawiliwili' I guess it's Hawaii. :)

(and you can only choose between Hawaii and Alaska anyway)

• 4 weeks later...

But you realize of course it's not being developed any further. Microsoft has given up on it, it was by far not as successful as they thought it would be. And it's also impossible to implement third-party add-ons, so you're stuck with what you got now.

Therefor my advice would be to move on to a real simulator like FSX, P3D or even X-Plane. Then you got the whole world instead of just Hawaii and with thousands of add-ons you can make it look incredible.

But you realize of course it's not being developed any further. Microsoft has given up on it, it was by far not as successful as they thought it would be. And it's also impossible to implement third-party add-ons, so you're stuck with what you got now.

Therefor my advice would be to move on to a real simulator like FSX, P3D or even X-Plane. Then you got the whole world instead of just Hawaii and with thousands of add-ons you can make it look incredible.

"real simulator" :blink:

Not dead here...I use it every day...It is my favourite Flight Simulator :)

Glad you're having fun, Peter. ^_^

Thanks for the advice Patrick...I have been using FS9 since it came out. I was a Beta Tester for FSX but only use it as a scenery holder for P3D, for which I have much FTX scenery...However, for pure flight simulation at low level I find FLIGHT very superior. So when I want to do a quick adventurous flight without waiting for ages for things to load, I start up FLIGHT and I am flying in minutes with smooth superior code ensuring really realistic low level flying without stutters or pausing...Most enjoyable.

I am reluctant to proceed further with P3D until Version 2 is released...I want to see what limitations this imposes. While I am waiting for that, I am enjoying myself in FLIGHT and have reached Level 20, which is as high as it goes :)

• 1 month later...

I have and enjoy FLIGHT,Alaska is just great in it...I also have FS9,FSX.and what ever Desk Top Flight sim may be offered. All represent an evloution in Desk top Flight Simming..All are unque,all represent great addtions by great artists,Scenery,planes...I for one cannot part with them,this as I wait for the next Flight Sim...For I think The best Is Yet to Come...Have Fun Petermcleland...I Are Too....Vin

Well said Vin...I'm glad you are enjoying FLIGHT. It actually has the best code of any so far and for me is the most real simulation of flight. Having flown for real for a third of a Century, I feel qualified to say that :)

I also love the Alaska part and really enjoy the changing seasonal colours, but don't neglect Hawaii Vin...Those coastlines and sea give the very best opportunity for realistic low level flying. I spent a lot of years in the RAF flying Fighter Ground Attack jets and that meant a LOT of low flying...For me MS Flight gives the very best simulation of that and it is wonderful down below 50 feet and hugging those twisty island coastlines...Try it!

Well said Vin...I'm glad you are enjoying FLIGHT. It actually has the best code of any so far and for me is the most real simulation of flight. Having flown for real for a third of a Century, I feel qualified to say that :)

I also love the Alaska part and really enjoy the changing seasonal colours, but don't neglect Hawaii Vin...Those coastlines and sea give the very best opportunity for realistic low level flying. I spent a lot of years in the RAF flying Fighter Ground Attack jets and that meant a LOT of low flying...For me MS Flight gives the very best simulation of that and it is wonderful down below 50 feet and hugging those twisty island coastlines...Try it!

Yes Sir.one could spend a Life Time in Alaska.I also think the "FLIGHT" Alaska is a great rendition...As a Generial Avaition Pilot,I feel in a realistic environment in "flight"...But we all have differant opinion,and thats OK...All I can say "FLIGHT" has less of a game feel...Thanx My Friend..Vin

Archived