FDC CTD with atc.dll error

elkinallen

Can someone please!!! Help with this?!?! I spend so much time setting up a flight etc., only to get well into the flight and the screen goes black, and in a few moments there is the 'fs9 encountered a problem,,, yadi yadi yada , The error reports that the ATC.DLL is the fault.

Anyone else on this? I hope someone can help?

BTW. It only occurs when I have FDC going.

Notes: Version 3.2 installed over 3.0 (It also occured with ver 3.0 before the 3.2 upgrade.)

Is there a way someone can send me a new atc.dll module so that I can remove/replace mine?

I appreciate your guidence on this. I did visit the forum and found a PILE of complaints and so on concerning this problem with FDC and a CTD that occurs more often than not. There is a LOT of chat going on about it with mostly spinning of wheels. There was one reply from whom seemed to be someone of staff relation that stated this ATC.DLL CTD problem is a bug and the ,, some programmer(s) are looking into it. There have been complaints about this particular CTD since 2004!!!!!!!!!

It is a real ######er!!! I'm telling you! Such a beautiful addition to FS9. I mean having a CRM situation in a big jet. Too bad we have to pay money for something only to have it ruin an experience. To pre flight plan, get up and going,, only to have a CTD on decent or final.

I won't use or advise the use of this product until this problem is squared away. I hope there is another CRM program out there somewhere.

Well! Heres the answer! Afterall, it is from the top. Isn't it?

If you have an CTD caused by ATC.DLL this has absolutely nothing at all to do with FDC

Regards

Dave March

OnCourse Software Ltd

www.oncourse-software.co.uk