RNAV 05 QUEENSTOWN NZQN

ChristopherDKopp

Hello ! As Jetstar and Air New Zealand fly to Queenstown with the A320 I wanted to do that flight as well. Unfortenutly the approach is not possible as the RNAV Approach for both Runways is totally missing on the fmc.

Hi,

The RNAV Approach for NZNQ is a special additional navdata that is not available commercially to flight sim users. So, unfortunately, there will not be such a approach in the navdata.

The PMDG 737 is simulating these approaches nearly 100% so this cant be correct.

As you can see there are all kind of RNAV approaches available

OK, I stand corrected, I should have been more specific.

The RNAV Approach for NZNQ is a special additional navdata that is not available for NavDataPro Flight Sim Users.

If you want to have that approach, you will need to get it from the same data source provider - Navigraph.

OK, I stand corrected, I should have been more specific.

The RNAV Approach for NZNQ is a special additional navdata that is not available for NavDataPro Flight Sim Users.

If you want to have that approach, you will need to get it from the same data source provider - Navigraph.

Sorry if I am wrong but the im using Navigraph for both, PMDG and Airbus Extended, updated to the current cycle. So where is my mistake ?

Sorry if I am wrong but the im using Navigraph for both, PMDG and Airbus Extended, updated to the current cycle. So where is my mistake ?

Have you switched the navdata source to navigraph using the Airbus X Configurator?

• 3 weeks later...

The PMDG 737 is simulating these approaches nearly 100% so this cant be correct.

As you can see there are all kind of RNAV approaches available

Those aren't RNP approaches. That's stock standard navigraph there. Navigraph doesn't supply any RNP procedures for PMDG or any other aircraft/flight sim product as far as I know. There's also an issue simulating RNP procedures for places like queenstown through PMDG - that being, PMDG navdata won't simulate arc fixes. Hence people artificially implement arcs in procedures like NZQN RNP by creating s-loads of waypoints every few NM, turning the aircraft 5-10 degrees - contingent on the RNP for that approach. Amazing people have made RNP procedures for PMDG (specifcally the 737 NGX), and simulated the precise RNP arcs for RNPY 05 approach.

What your picture shows above on the PMDG FMS are RNAV (GNSS) approaches - which navigraph do include, as opposed to RNAV (RNP). And it is the RNP RNAV Jetstar use as opposed to GNSS when flying into Queenstown (flown the route many times in real life to be sure of it).

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived