Scenery Manhattan Problems

drpilot73

I am using Scenery Manhattan. Great software but some problems:

Some of the scenery (3D aspects) are starting to dissapear with each use of the sumulator. For example, the FDR Drive on the east side of Manhattan is broken in the middle. How do I fix this? I am using a Dell 9100, Windows XP service pack 2, 1 gig of ram, 256 ATI 600X video ram, 2 hardrives adding up to over 400 gigabytes. I am using FS9 (latest update).

Thanks for the help.

DR

Hello drpilot73,

The scenery should'nt disappear if there is nothing wrong with your system. Also check the Manhattan scenery folder and count the files in there and note the next time anything disappears how many there are after.

Have you installed any other scenery files after Manhattan that may be affecting it.

Very strange issue indeed, can you post some screenshots.

Thanks very much for the reply. I am including some screen shots of the damaged scenery. I have a shot of the scenery folder as well. Please keep me posted.

Also, I do admit that I have many addon sceneries but none that should effect this area except for MegaScenery NY and World Airports 2.

Thanks again.

--Doug

Thanks for the reply Shaun, however I was looking for a little more detailed answer. How exactly can another scenery bgl. interfere with this scenery when the files are intact. I will start to uncheck some of the other scenery in the scenery manager of the sim. I hope it is not a compatability problem because then we will have to choose one package over another. This will be especially troublesome if the scenery is from the same vendor, no?

Thanks again. I will be waiting for your response.

--Doug :wink:

P.S. Should I disable all packages or only those in this geographical location?

Also, could it be a hierarchy issue?

Hello Doug,

You will be surprised at how bgls from one scenery can affect another scenery. One freeware scenery had an exclude that wiped out half the Spanish airports taxiways etc and it was'nt anywhere near it. Only takes a mistake in the co-ordinates of a bgl to cause a problem.

Best thing to try is to dis-able all 3rd party sceneries and see if Manhattan looks okay. If not then before re-enabling your other scenery un-install and re-install Manhattan, then check to see if its okay after a re-install..

Hey Shaun,

Thanks for the insight. I actually solved the broken highway problem by moving Scenery Manhattan to the top of the hierarchy list. All of the missing 3D parts are back (whew!). Who knows which addon was stepping on it, but I am glad I didn't have to go though the testing (at least not yet). I will be more careful what I put in there from now on. I already ruined the default Central American Airport MGGT somehow and cannot fix it (yet).

Thanks again for your help.

Aerosoft does provide support for it's products!

Take care...

--Doug :wink: