Captain side DME repeater

gmoreira

Love the new bird, but I miss sorely one thing, a DME Indicator on the captain side so that I can shoot an instrument approach without having to change views.

Any chance we could add something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BENDIX-KING-KDI-572-DME-INDICATOR-P-N-066-1069-00-/190869995659

To the panel?

Would be great!

hmm

Current arrangement does not call for captains vs FO side.

The Nav1 DME is displayed on the lower left side of the GPS display, while Nav2 DME is on the centerpart of the mainpanel, though to the right due to the Engine instruments.

The coclpit and instrumentation will not change, since it´s alled modeled in 3D and cannot easily be changed.

I can only recommend You to invest in TrackIR.

Finn

• Deputy Sheriffs

can only recommend You to invest in TrackIR.

.... which is in my opinion, apart from this specific question, the single most useful 'must have' add-on after buying a decent joystick/yoke!

I love it!

The coclpit and instrumentation will not change, since it´s alled modeled in 3D and cannot easily be changed.

I can only recommend You to invest in TrackIR.

Hey there! Guessed as much, but it was worth a try.

I have trackIR but with the small numbers on the GPS display I find it difficult to read. I guess what I really need is a larger monitor :-)

What about EZDOK? Its cheaper. Works great for me.

I would say that there is no substitute to TrackIR or other headtracking devices.

Your simming experience will never be the same again.

Finn

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have trackIR but with the small numbers on the GPS display I find it difficult to read. I guess what I really need is a larger monitor :-)

I think your partner would suggest reading glasses, much cheaper! No doubt the budget is needed for more important things. :lol:

I know that it can be hard to read, thats why we included the panel selector, where You can zoom in on the center panel.

It´s really hard to make FSX look and work realistic on 19-24" monitor (or what ever You have) and keep it realistic.

Regardless what monitor setup You use. Looking at FSX is like looking on the world through an empty toiletroll.

Finn

I would say that there is no substitute to TrackIR or other headtracking devices.

Your simming experience will never be the same again.

Finn

Hmmm, i know what you mean by its use in what it does. It seems some swear by it and maybe a smaller amount can't take to it. I seem to be the latter. Mind i only tryed that Freetracknoir using webcam. TrackIR is quite expensive and i don't want to make a mistake so i stick with EZCA.

By the way, i'm enjoying your Twin Otter Ext. Nice work : )

Archived