News: London-Heathrow

Sasa

Sim-Wings is working on a highly detailed scenery of London's well-known main airport as it was never seen before!

Features:

- High resolution aerial image of the complete airport area.

- Photoreal textures at buildings, vehicles etc.

- All buildings and terminals are rendered using official latest Autocad blueprints, including Pier 6 (A 380)

- The new Terminal 5 (T5)

- The complete layout of the airport (incl. taxi lines) is done using data that has been provided by the BAA.

- Seasonal textures

- Animated gates, AGNIS and marshals

- Numerous static and dynamic objects: Service vehicles, buses and more!

- Compatible to VFR England

- AI-Traffic compatible

- Printed manual

Here are some Preview Screenshots:

HeathrowPreview_1.jpg

HeathrowPreview_2.jpg

HeathrowPreview_3.jpg

HeathrowPreview_4.jpg

HeathrowPreview_5.jpg

HeathrowPreview_7.jpg

HeathrowPreview_8.jpg

In cooperation with: HeathrowPreview_6.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there!

First post in this forum!

I had the pleasure of meeting the people from Aerosoft as they passed through my security post during their visit to Heathrow!

Nice to see that Heathrow is now going to get some decent treatment and we can fly into and out of LHR online with some fantastic scenery!

Just wanted to congratulate Aerosoft on the production of the scenery and to say thank you for the short time I had with the Aerosoft representative during his visit to LHR and for the pleasure its going to give us all!

Well done!

Kind regards,

My first post here too

Fantastic news, I've been wishing for something like this for years.

Its also great news to here BAA are involved, this will make this a truely fine piece of work.

I have a few questions:

1. Not asking for a release date or anything, Im in no rush for it :wink: I would like to roughly know what stage you're at 10% 20%?

2. Will T5 be as it is now, or as it will be when completed?

3. Will there be some scenery of the surrounding area including such things as the hotels to the north, Hatton Cross station (good spotting area) and M25/access roads etc?

4. Will there be moving road vehicles?

Many thanks

Please make it compatible as posible with UK2000 Scenerys... :wink:

thanks alot...

What is there to make compatible? It'll replace the Gary Summons offering and that'll be the end of it. Do you maybe mean the VFR Photographic series?

Hi

Of course a good EGLL is always needed. What I find strange is still that there are some big airports which were never designed with good quality, like lisbon, zürich. geneva, brussels, oslo or copenhagen. It is always the same. There is a scenery of Zürich being developed for more than one year and we still don´t have any news. There is a team making the scenery of brussels and we don´t have news. Lisbon will come only in the summer. Oslo maybe never. And so on, and so on...

harpsi

Having purchased other major airports from different sources, I am delighted that Heathrow is going to get a serious makeover. Curious as to whether it will include terminal 5 or not?

Not knowing as to how major airports will have makeovers in FSX, the release of such a product only a matter of months before FSX, would mean that I will be cautious as to whether to buy or not.

Having purchased other major airports from different sources, I am delighted that Heathrow is going to get a serious makeover. Curious as to whether it will include terminal 5 or not?

Read the features at the top and your question will be answered.

Andrew

Hi

I have one ? Why make another EGLL when the best has already been done. IMO Gary Summons has one of the best major airports around.I say one of the best as he has just released EGKK and what a job he has done with that. His whole UK2000 series just can't be beaten on quality and as I have a large number of payware airports including Sim Wings UK2000 is the best.

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/main/index.htm

Ark

I'm sorry but looking at the pictures for this one I must say it looks 10 times better than the UK2000 ones. Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of Gary's work but you just have to look at the detail and ground textures in the pictures and they are amazing.

This is great. I love Gary's work, but it is hard on frames, even with a 256MB video card, a gig of ram and a AMD 64 processor on a raid box. I hope it is better on frames. I know I will be buying right off the bat as it is the only way to really find out :)

I have EDDF Mega airport and it has been worth every dime of it, even though I owned a copy of SimFlight's verison.

I agree 100% with Ark. Gary Summons Heathrow Pro has long been one of the best airports around. I can't see any reason to replace it.

From the screenshots I also don't think the ground textures will blend in as well with the UK VFR scenery as Heathrow Pro did.

Well I am guessing this is quite an early beta shot, Well I hope it is anyway. This is going by the fact that the planes from the original aerial photos are still mapped on the floor and also the grass looks very dark. Are those grass textures going to be in the final product as it doesn't look very realistic, yes I know they are from aerial photos but then there are always colour changes that occur in the photo processing part. Also is there going to be seasonal textures or is it just going to be based on those textures? Apart from that it looks good so far and if when it is released and it gets good reviews and feedback then I will think about buying it. At this moment in time I am quite happy with Heathrow Pro.

One thing you critics didn't mention. The SimWings version has very realistic taxi aprons, from the shots here. One critique of Gary's that I had was the taxi aprons just didn't look as realistic, nor did it blend in, as other sceneries.

Yes I agree Wilson, but from what i have seen of these beta shots theres still alot of work to be done regarding the taxi shots. If you notice they are all taken from a few hundred feet up, what will they look like when you are actually down on the ground. Like most photosceneries you get a blurred mess at ground level so hopefully those ground textures will be improved which I think they will be by the time the final version appears. They will be hand edited and the taxi lines will be placed ontop of the scenery textures. After all right now looking at those shots, would you like to park at a gate which has a mapped photo of a plane? I think not. Going by the last big airport that Simwings did which was Paris CDG I do think this will give Heathrow Pro a run for its money but Heathrow Pro is available right now and has been for a good few months. I am looking forward to seeing this scenery and was only pointing out a few things from what i had seen so far.

Craig

One BIG wishlist for anything put out by anybody as far as airports, the static scenery planes HAVE JUST GOT to get better. Can't they use some AI style aircraft for the statics. I parked beside a 777-200 BAW the other day in a 747 stand and it just looked like a dang match box!