GPS in a window

newtie

Hi

Is there a way to get the default GPS into a window with say a Shift+3 key command? I see the RXP thread below but I don't have that, just what came with the otter.

Thanks,

Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs

You would have to modify the aircraft.cfg panel.cfg yourself.

This is not difficult, you can look up the paragraph to add in the cfg of another plane that you have installed and copy it.

But there is no official Aerosoft support for this.

Please note that the Twin Otter GPS has improvements over the default GPS500 that you would loose.

• Aerosoft

Hi

Is there a way to get the default GPS into a window with say a Shift+3 key command? I see the RXP thread below but I don't have that, just what came with the otter.

Thanks,

Mark

Or just make is an undocked window and save a Twotter Startup file with that one open.

post-43-0-96144000-1375784729_thumb.jpg

Mathij, I do not unerstand what you said above.

Here is what I tried:

I added a window05=GPS and created the parameters for a pop-up window and copied the following line from the Main Panel window:

gauge10=TW_Disp!GPS_530, 4, 4, 332, 248 (made it gauge00)

But that gave me only the Display area without the "frame" around the display - which, of course, contains all the controls.

Which line in the panel.cfg has the "frame"????

Bill S.

P.S. For now, until I get the full 530, I am using the GPS from the Baron 58.

Mathij, I do not unerstand what you said above.

Here is what I tried:

I added a window05=GPS and created the parameters for a pop-up window and copied the following line from the Main Panel window:

gauge10=TW_Disp!GPS_530, 4, 4, 332, 248 (made it gauge00)

But that gave me only the Display area without the "frame" around the display - which, of course, contains all the controls.

Which line in the panel.cfg has the "frame"????

Bill S.

P.S. For now, until I get the full 530, I am using the GPS from the Baron 58.

There is no frame. Only a display area, the frame is defined in the virtual cockpit.

I am working on a 2D complete popup, hope to have it ready soon.

Tom

post-16416-0-43779400-1375979990_thumb.j

Hi, Tom

I am looking forward to your pop-up GPS window.

I have spent some time trying to accomplish that - without success. I can get the display by itself but not the buttons and controls around the display screen. Mathij shows a nice screen shot of what I wanted but no idea how he did it.

Bill S.

Hi, Tom

I am looking forward to your pop-up GPS window.

I have spent some time trying to accomplish that - without success. I can get the display by itself but not the buttons and controls around the display screen. Mathij shows a nice screen shot of what I wanted but no idea how he did it.

Bill S.

Bill,

Code is finished, now need to make the proper tests.

Tom

Archived