Question. AAX Thrust detents resolution

jrotaetxe

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello All.

I have a Saitek X52 joystick and facing an upsetting (but no serious at all) lack of stability/resollution issue around CLB/FLEX/TOGA detents. They are very close of each other.

I do not know is there is a workaround (even with third part Sw. FSUIPC?) to allow me to "separate" those detents and perform a better "share" of my thrust dynamic range.

Suggestions are most welcome

Regards

I am not 100% shure, but you can try with FSUIPC.

Go to Joystick calibration and look for your Throttle Axis. Do a little experimenting with the "SLOPE" setting.

This makes some axis working slower, hope it helps with your Settings.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, Max. Thank you very much for your response.

Already tried, but FSUIPC does not allow you to put more than one "plate" al also does not allow to define where it begins and where it ends...
The idea is

The ideal sollution shouls have some kind of "aisles" definition in certain areas and then step transition tho the next aisle...

Regardsw

• Deputy Sheriffs

Tks, Oliver. Did not see.

But wonder if you agree with me it is not a problem of dual or single throttle, but how the axis is divided in "sectors", the first one linear to the first plate (CLB), then a step to the second plate (FLX) and then a step to the third plate (TOGA).

Is a matter of "map" the raw output of the axis in "new" sectors to allow this.

Seems there is not a cure for this (little) issue...

Regards

I agree, Jon:

- It's a matter of dividing the complete range into two sectors (the manual sector and the detent sector) and defining detents in the higher TLA sector.

- The problem exists with a single throttle already; dual throttle "just" aggrevates it because of the possibility of asymmetric thrust.

Archived