aircraft loads w/ taxi light on

obie311

It may be just a problem unique to my default flight, but when I load the Twin Otter X in the "Ready to Fly" state in the daytime, my taxi light is on. Anybody else have this behaviour?

Obie

financially grounded aviator

Surely, as you have to taxi to the runway, the ready to fly option SHOULD have the taxi light on?

Why would you think this is in error?

Maybe the "Ready to fly" option should be named "Ready for taxi" instead.

Since we don´t know people preferences about either starting from the ramp or the runway, the aircraft is setup in a ready to taxi state.

All You need to do is:

-Turn on Landing and strobe lights

-Set flaps to 10°

-Auto feather arm switch On

-Transponder to On or Alt

Finn

Obie, also using the Checklists Configuration tab (the red tab) you can set "Cold and Dark" as your default load state. Otherwise you'll have as Simon and Finn pointed out, a "Ready to Taxi" state, so you can be up and running faster, with only the before takeoff checks to be done.

Whether it is 'Ready to Fly' or 'Ready to Taxi', I don't think that it is correct that 'propeller de-ice' is on by default.

I mentioned this in an earlier posting.

The "Ready to fly" code has changed for the next update.

No de-icing equipment will be turned on as it´s only to be set "As required".

Finn

Thanks to Finn, Snave, and dmbusmc. One learns something new everyday. I looked at a couple of other 2Otter checklists and indeed it calls for taxi light in the daytime.

Best Regards,

Obie

• Deputy Sheriffs

To add to what was said, at least in the US, having the taxi light on when moving (or about to) on the ground is encouraged. For information on the use of aircraft lights (taxi/landing/nav/anti-collision) take a look here. Use of the taxi light is specifically described in paragraph 4-3-23.e on page 4-3-23).

Archived