Save current situation

FA099Bill

Is there a way to save the current situation? I would like to be able to pause the flight, save it and then shut the computer down. And then later come back and resume my flight.

It appears that my only choices are:

1 - Cold & Dark at Start Up

- OR -

2 - Ready to Fly Situation at start up

Bill S.

OK, I can live with that. :)

I will set to start "Ready to Fly Situation" and then adjust what has not been retained.

(The alternative is to complete my flight without interruption.)

This varies for me. I like to save a flight and come back to it too, especially if I'm on an extended flight to several destinations, where you can shut down E1, feather E2 and have a quick turn-around, but save it for later. Sometimes this works and I find the plane running on E2, starter on with E1, and various other systems not as I left them, such as lights, air bleeds, heaters, etc. Then I have to just go round the cockpit and reset, knowing that then I just have to fire up E1 to get going. Other times all is Cold & Dark. It's random, but I'm now finding that if I leave a time interval, say 1min+, while in the 1 engine config, this saves better and I can get back to it more often. Also the same if I leave a little more time between closing FSX and shutdown of computer. (File saving issue?)

Saving a flight with the Twin Otter, only saves default FSX variables.

Since many variables in the Twin Otter are custom, those won´t be saved.

Finn

I always choose Save-to-Disk when I end an FSX session and have the intention to continue later. This ensures that I can continue almost every flight after shutting down the computer. The only thing I have to do after restarting the computer is to quickly chose the FSUIPC menu and click ok. Otherwise, the FSUIPC axis and button assignments are not active. If you have TrackIR, you also need to restart it after a save-to-disk pause. This method makes it much more practicable to pause a long-haul flight without keeping the computer on.

Felix

Archived