<Image Name="ADF_Back.bmp" />
   <Mouse>
      <Tooltip ID="">GNS530</Tooltip>
      <Help ID=""/>
      <Cursor Type="Hand"/>
      <Click>15531 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>
   </Mouse>
</Gauge>

2. Call this text file "PopupGNS530.xml" and place it in the TW_Disp folder (located in your Twotter panel folder)

3. Add a line to your panel.cfg file

[VCockpit01]
gauge16=TW_Disp!PopupGNS530, 14,14,324,228

Assuming you have a popup window defined, using the RXP WAAS config app, this should pop up your GNS530.

If you prefer to add an RXP popup window by hand.. make sure it has Ident=15531, which is the RXP default

As an example:

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main
Window01=Checklist
Window02=Panel sel
Window03=RXP GNS530

[Window03]
position=5
window_size=0.30, 0.37
visible=0
zorder=2
ident=15531
gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,100,100

Hi Bert,

Nice to see you around here!

So dose that mean we can use the rxp gns with the Twin Otter Extended ?

Do we add it to the panel.cfg as in other ac´s?

Thank you and glad to have your expertise around here Bert!

Good care,

Mike

Mr. Lowbuck$ here. Don't have the Reality GNS so I recycled the one from my OTHER MANUFACTURER B55.

Window03=GNS530 //I have standardized Window 03 as my GPS popup position. Do whatever suits you.//

[Window03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=320,285//234
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=2
visible=0
ident=GNS530
type=SPECIAL
//window_size= 0.710, 0.552
//window_pos= 0.290, 0.480

gauge00=B55_XMLGauges!FBS_GNS530_1d, 0,0,320,285//234

This gives a nice easy to read popup in the upper right of your screen. Make sure said gauge CAB is copied to your FSX Gauges folder.

Hope this is of some use to someone.

Obie

It works great as a popup.

If you set LinkGPS=On in the rxpgns.ini file, the RXP flightplan

will show up on the unit in the panel.

Thank you Bert!

As always, you are of great help!

Hope you are enjoying some summer heat over at the other side of the pool.

Good care,

Mike

Hi Bert,

All Works fine (popup and rxpgns) but in my case the rxpgns is "inside" the original gps window!

So I have the rxpgns inside the original gps with the original gps caseing (buttons and all)

Hope you understand what I mean. If you need it I can attach a pic.

Do I have to change the size or something like that?

Thanks.

Care,

Mike

Hi Mike,

You are jumping ahead here..

You have to leave the original GPS in the panel... As you have seen, you would have to adjust (increase) the size

if you want an RXP GNS to show properly - but unfortunately, there is no room for the bezel.

It will actually interfere with neighboring gauges.

Something only Aerosoft could change, if we could persuade them.. ;)

ps. I have tried..

Hi Mike,

You are jumping ahead here..

You have to leave the original GPS in the panel... As you have seen, you would have to adjust (increase) the size

if you want an RXP GNS to show properly - but unfortunately, there is no room.

It will actually interfere with neighboring gauges.

Something only Aerosoft could change, if we could persuade them.. ;)

ps. I have tried..

Hi Bert,

Thank you. I get it, it works only as a popup. Better then not being able I guess.

Thanks Bert.

Eric,

Thanks, I did see the post, but all I can say is that this is not the same case, it´s not a P-51. I agree that it dose look ugly on a P-51 or alike, but on the Otter we have the same GNS, so its not the same example. Just my 2cnt.s.

Sorry for the mislead.

Care,

Mike

Hi Bert,

Thank you. I get it, it works only as a popup. Better then not being able I guess.

Thanks Bert.

Eric,

Thanks, I did see the post, but all I can say is that this is not the same case, it´s not a P-51. I agree that it dose look ugly on a P-51 or alike, but on the Otter we have the same GNS, so its not the same example. Just my 2cnt.s.

Sorry for the mislead.

Care,

Mike

The problem on the P-51D screenshot is that it would be at that angle a flat RXP 530 would be looked at.

On the A2A P-51 the GNS 430 is look at right in from of Youi, thus missing 3D knobes is not so obvious. On the Twotter You would look at it at an angle that simply would let it look weird.

Just like on many other addons, we could have added the RXP 530 with 3D knobs, but the lack of RXP support was decisive for us not make such a version.

The decision is more political than technical.

Finn

First things first, thanks Finn and everyone else for this fantastic aircraft, I am really enjoying it.

I have no problem with the Garmin GNS 530 included with this aircraft. What I am wondering is if there is a way to make a pop up for it that can be undocked and dragged to a second monitor where I could increase the size and make it little easier to read and click on the the knobs and buttons. I was able to do this with the map display it self but I have not figured out how to get the actual knobs and buttons to show up in a pop up.

Thanks for any advice on how to accomplish this.

Bill R

• Aerosoft

First things first, thanks Finn and everyone else for this fantastic aircraft, I am really enjoying it.

I have no problem with the Garmin GNS 530 included with this aircraft. What I am wondering is if there is a way to make a pop up for it that can be undocked and dragged to a second monitor where I could increase the size and make it little easier to read and click on the the knobs and buttons. I was able to do this with the map display it self but I have not figured out how to get the actual knobs and buttons to show up in a pop up.

Thanks for any advice on how to accomplish this.

Bill R

Why not make a standard FSX undocked window?

post-43-0-70707400-1375784502_thumb.jpg

If you would like to add an RXP GNS530 in a popup window, you can

also add a click-spot on the GNS unit in the panel to toggle the popup

window on and off.

Here is what it takes:

BTW Bert, thanks for this!

Dave Skuback

For the RXP GNS, that is built into the gauge.

So I have to manually close the window with a keyboard command?

I can't find a click area to close it again.

If you mouse over the lower half of the GNS screen (in the popup) you should get a magnifying glass mouse pointer.

Left click and the popup should disappear. Or, you can click on the VC GPS gauge.

I followed Ben's instructions but all I get is a pop-up window with a black blank screen titled GNS 530

I created the .xml file and added these lines to the panel.cfg

[Window Titles]

Window06=RXP GNS530

Note: I have five other windows under the [Window Titles]

[Window06]
position=5
window_size=0.30, 0.37
visible=0
zorder=2
ident=15531
gaug000=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,100,100

...and this line

gauge16=TW_Disp!PopupGNS530, 14,14,324,228

in the [VCockpit01]

The GNS 530 window will pop up by clicking on the Main Panel GSM 530 amd and also with

Shit+7 but as I said. I get a blank, black screen.

What am I doing wrong or what am I missing?

Bill S.

Stupid question, but I have to ask. Did you actually turn it on? The RXP GNS530 it turned OFF when you bring up the window (well it is on my rig), and even though all the avionics and battery is on, I still have to physically turn on the pop up.

Just a thought.

Bert, no I do not have the Reality XP GNS530. I assumed I could pick it up from the Twin Otter Extended WHEEL files.

When I added these lines to my panel.cfg I get just the inner section, the Display part, of the GNS 530 without all the control buttons and switches

[Window06]
position=5
window_size=0.30, 0.37
visible=0
//zorder=2
ident=15531
//gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,100,100 //this line gives me a blank screen
gauge00=TW_Disp!GPS_530,0,0,100,100

It looks like if I really want the RXP GNS 530 I will need to purchase it???

Note: I would have included a screen shot of the GNS display I get but I do not know how to add .jpg files to a post.

Hi, Tony

I guess you are referring to the blank screen I get.

The RXP GNS530 in the Twin Otter is ON

When I pop up the GNS530 is set up according to Bert's instructions I just get a black and blank screen. No buttons and no switches. The whole pop-up window is blank.

I think Bert is right. My problem is I do NOT have the RXP GNS530 - not even with another aircraft.

Bill S.

I just looked into Reality's web site and they want $50 for the GNS530.

I have decided I can do without the pop-up. I will just use the Garmin 500.

The main reason I wanted the pop-up GPS is to make it easier for me to see and adjust setting, frequencies etc.

I am vision-imparied and I find it helps me it I can pop up an instrument and resize it.

I do use a MS mouse with a magnifier and have a 32" TV as my main monitor. All that helps, of course, but it is always nice to be able pop up and resize key instruments.

Thanks for the help, guys. I will do OK :)

Bill S.

Archived