FSUIPC setup to have reverse thrust with the otter.

bliksimpie

Peoples of the palace.

I have registered FSUIPC and want to setup my throttle quadrant to also have reverse thrust. (currently still using f2 key)

I have Saitek X52 Pro

Currently my throttle is setup in fsx and when I use it it only go from 0 to 100%. when the throttle is closed it show 0%. and then I normally hit F2 for reverse.

Anyone want to explain step by step how to do this as I have been all over internet and cannot find a guide telling me in plain languase how to do this so that my throttle also have reverse.

Thanks

Well if you have Saitek throttle controls, there is a detent switch at bottom (below throttle idle). I set mine thrust reverse to there. just set FSUIPC to use the switch in place of the F2 key.

for a push only when switch on. When you push the throttles back to idle it turns off the thrust reverse.

You use the FSUIPC "Calibrate" pages. With a single throttle it's easy enough, you just calibrate the "idle" to coincide with the detent on the X52 throttle itself.

On page one I hit the "Reset" button for the throttle, then a checkbox for "Map to 4 throttles" will appear. Tick this box and then navigate to page 3 on the calibration box by using the little right arrow. You're looking for the throttle calibration page for all four throttles.

When you find it, you'll only need to calibrate throttle ONE. First off make sure there is NO tick in the box next to "No Reverse Zone" then push the lever to FULL forward on the throttle and press the top right button in that section that says "Set". There should be Four buttons, one of them is "slope". (Forget that one). The centre one is IDLE with two sets of numbers under it, and the left most button will be your reverse. To set your idle, pull the throttle back to the detent, press the centre button once. Then pull the throttle back just a smidgen further and press that button a second time. (This will give a small gap between idle and reverse). Lastly pull the throttle all the way back, then press the leftmost button to set full reverse. This is how I did it, and it works fine. I didn't use FSUIPC to assign the axis, I used FSX.

I tried it with two throttles, two prop and mixture levers, but the throttles were far too glitchy for my liking and I couldn't control the transition from reverse back to idle very well. I gave up in favour of a single throttle, prop lever and mixture lever to control BOTH synchronously.

I hope this helps :)

Tiger thanks I am off going to try this. this is what I was looking for to be able to have the axis split like you explained, with 0 to full from detent to full forward and anything below detent to be reverse.

(Currently setup full axis in fsuipc, with a button doing the F2 part.)

Thank you kindly for taking the effort to type out the whole procedure.

Archived