Livery Manager

DocBird

Dear developer team!

Thanks for this great tool! It will make things much easier. I hope that this may become a standard tool for FSX. Is it possible to make this a more general too that can be used for all aircraft (even existing and third party aircraft)? It would be nice if this could set a standard for repainters!

Now to my problem:

Is it possible to receive some basic information as to how the livery manager works? Is there a manual for it?

I tried my best but was unable to get it to work. I clicked the “add livery” button and it opens a window to browse to the livery.

QUESTION: Do I browse to the files previously/manually copied in the FSX/SimObjects/Aircraft/DHC6… folder or do I have to brows to the original zip-folder that I downloaded? BTW: I store them (as all add-ons) on a separate HDD (I:).

It seems as if it requires the .zip files to be addressed since the texture.XYZ folders do not show up in the load line even if I click on them.

I was, however, unable to install any on the textures I already have downloaded from the livery forum. Only the FEDEX-repaint seems to have the required README.txt. All other files (I have) have named the file – as previously requested – INSTAL.txt. But even the FEDEX file did not work out for whatever reason. The window closed and it started to install but took time and time and time. After two minutes I canceled it.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Till

Yes, Mathijas, it is not totally selfexplaining...

I trust it will be a very useful tool if it works out as planned (and even more usefull if it could be a general tool for all aircraft).

P.S. I installed three of the liveries by hand and the Manager did convert them as a back-up upon clicking on the "back-up-button". This works for me!

But the other way around (using available liveries) still doesn't work....

Is there anybody here at who's Computer it worked out?

• Deputy Sheriffs

P.S. I installed three of the liveries by hand and the Manager did convert them as a back-up upon clicking on the "back-up-button". This works for me!

But the other way around (using available liveries) still doesn't work....

Is there anybody here at who's Computer it worked out?

If you download for instance Holgi's liveries, the Livery Manager works correctly after you have renamed the install.txt to readme.txt in the zip file.

The download manager only works using zip files, not with unzipped files or directories.

If you download for instance Holgi's liveries, the Livery Manager works correctly after you have renamed the install.txt to readme.txt in the zip file.

The download manager only works using zip files, not with unzipped files or directories.

Aaaah! So that is the secret that has been alluding me?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but the livery Manager is not working for me.

I renamed the intal.txt. file to the readme.txt (e.g in the Ken Borek paint for the Tundra Version) and the livery Manager found the files, asked if I want to install it (yes) and mentioned it is installed.

In FSX, however, there is no such repaint. And in the Aircraft.cfg file there is no entry and no files in the folder for the Tundra Version...

So I tried it again, but the livery Manager stated that the repaint is already installed.

Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks, Till

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but the livery Manager is not working for me.

[...]

any suggestions what to do?

Hi Till,

The version of the Livery Manager that you have now only works with the wheel version, sorry.

With the next Twin Otter update the Tundra liveries will also work.

I assume you have no problems with installing liveries for the wheel version?

Hi Till,

The version of the Livery Manager that you have now only works with the wheel version, sorry.

With the next Twin Otter update the Tundra liveries will also work.

I assume you have no problems with installing liveries for the wheel version?

Hi Eric,

I didn't try that yet but will do and get back.

Thanks for your quick response!

Happy landings!

Till

Archived