Update to version 1.03

Eric Bakker

• Deputy Sheriffs

I repeat here the post of Mathijs in the Released forum:

forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/71147-twin-otter-extended-103-tundra-model/

We have just released a new build of the Twin Otter Extended.
The 1.03 version contains the tundra wheel model and tweaks to some autopilot files.
Also the livery manager is now included.
As always there is a full new build on your order history page and an update (1.00 to 1.03) in the support database.
You can just register it and download the update. (see here: https://aerosoft.zen...1872487-Updates)
Regarding the Livery Manager:
You will find it in the folder FSX\Aerosoft\Twin Otter Extended\Livery Manager
Please note that this is not the final version of the Livery Manager. But we did not want you to have to wait longer. :)
The currently delivered version however expects the text snippet to be in the a file named README.TXT.
In the final version it will be changed to 'install.txt' however. I apologize for this temporary inconvenience, also to the repainters that I urged to change the name of the file to install.txt. Sorry guys!
A very nice feature of the Livery Manager is called "Backup livery". If you did a manual install of a livery you can now with the click of this button make a zip file that is compatible with the Livery Manager! An easy way to store them in the correct format.
[edit] Please find in below message more details about where to get the update:

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is the change log that Finn made:

1.01:

- Less bright GPS display

- Brakes fixed

- DME fixes (new issue arrived after 1.01)

1.01 hotfix:
- Fix for inability to start engines when failures has been disabled

1.02 (Internal version):
- Tundra version included

- IAS hold got a PID controller
- Pitch/roll reference takes over present attitiude when AP is turned On in "manual" mode

- Flight director tweaked and fixed
- Set spoilers=0 with failures disabled inorder to preven users from setting spoilers with hardware controls or keyboard
- Missing fuelpump sound added
- DME speed/time calculation fixed
- Fwd/Aft fuel gauge mix up fixed

- GPS color changes and some minor fixes by Bert Pieke

- Livery manager added

- Jumping issue (when changing views) fixed

1.03 Release version:

- Systems manual updated

- New thumbnails for tundra version

I have spent almost an hour going around in circles from web page to web page trying to find where I can download the update.

What is the secret for finding it?

Bill S.

What is the secret for finding it?

As always there is a full new build on your order history page and an update (1.00 to 1.03) in the support database.

It is now 1.03.

You can either re-download the installer from Your order history (which has been updated to 1.03) and then re-install it, or You can download the update from the updates part of the shop found here: http://support.aerosoft.com/support.php?language=en

Once logged in there You will find a list of products.- select the Twin Otter and You will find the 1.03 update there.

If You cannot find the Twin Otter You probably need to register it using Your email account and the serialnumber.

Finn

Hello, some feedback:

The Livery Manager is showing my TOtter (Not Extended) liveries too. It´s not showing any Tundra repaint at all. And for the last ... the full 1.03 installer comes with FlyBe entry in aircraft.cfg but the texture folder is not present in the install. Hope it helps.

I finally found the Twin Otter Extended 1.03 in the Download-Shop.

But at first I could not locate the Download-Shop. I kept looking for Order History.

I eventually had to use Google Search to get to where I needed to go.

I find that navigating the Aerosoft sites is not very easy.

Bill S.

• Aerosoft

How can I get the update when I purchased the product at Simmarket?

Thanks,

Howard

You can just register it at our shop and download the update. (see here: https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/entries/21872487-Updates)

simMarket will have the full new version today I think.

Sorry but I can't find the TwinOtter (neither one!) in my supported products! I followed the link above and loged on but couldn't find it in the pull-down-menue (but several products that I don't have at all!). Then I tried to register the new Twin Otter Extended but the system states that I already have registered it (which is correct)!

I have, however, the new V1.03.exe-file for download in the download shop. So I download that and run the installer, correct? Do I have to uninstall anything beforehand?

Thanks for your help!

And finally: Is the patch for the "jumping-issue-when-changing-view” also included (as previously announced)? I couldn't find in the description.

P.S. Thanks for providing the tundra-wheels-version as a update right now!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have, however, the new V1.03.exe-file for download in the download shop. So I download that and run the installer, correct? Do I have to uninstall anything beforehand?

And finally: Is the patch for the "jumping-issue-when-changing-view” also included (as previously announced)? I couldn't find in the description.

There are two files in your download shop page: the update and a full installer.

You can run the update on your existing installation, no need to uninstall anything.

The 'jumping' issue is also fixed, I will add it to the list.

There are two files in your download shop page: the update and a full installer.

You can run the update on your existing installation, no need to uninstall anything.

The 'jumping' issue is also fixed, I will add it to the list.

Thanks for clarification. Will download and install tonight!

Would advise to make a backup of the current aircraft .cfg in case you already had some repaints installed. The update wipes out the repaints text in the .cfg. All you will have are the texture folders of those repaints. Since I didn't make a backup of the original .cfg, I had to reinstall the few repaints that I had previously, so no big deal on my part. :boohoo_s:

these aerosoft sites are NOT easy to navigate. I really did NOT want to download full installer all over again. another one that was going around in circles. Found update at last.

these aerosoft sites are NOT easy to navigate. I really did NOT want to download full installer all over again. another one that was going around in circles. Found update at last.

I would have to agree bliksimple.

While I agree it could be easier to find I still don´t think that it THAT hard.

Aerosoft Main page --> Support/service --> Updates --> Login and then a page with little text. Only caveat is that You might need to register Your product inorder to find it on the updates list.

Finn

I have been able to download the update, however, I don't know what to do with it. I unzipped it then opened the folder. Inside are five files, none of which seems to be an installation file. There is also another folder, ".rsrc" and inside this folder are seven more folders and a text document. Again no installer file.

In summary, I don't know how to run the installer for the update. Can you help Please?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have been able to download the update, however, I don't know what to do with it. I unzipped it then opened the folder. Inside are five files, none of which seems to be an installation file. There is also another folder, ".rsrc" and inside this folder are seven more folders and a text document. Again no installer file.

In summary, I don't know how to run the installer for the update. Can you help Please?

Not sure where you downloaded it from, but the download from the source Finn pointed you in post # 17 is an exe file you simply run. Just tested it.

Mopperle

I downloaded the file as per Finn's instruction in post 17: it's exactly the same as I summarised in myh post 19.

There is a file named (0) of size 139,953 kb - is this the application? When I double click on it it doesn't run, but I get a message "what program do I want to use to open the file"?

I'm quite happy with the Twin Otter Extended and would like to install the upgrade, but I thinkl that this is really too difficult. I dont think it's because I am that stupid, this is definitely more difficult than it needs to be. But I would be grateful to get some help on this.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, no clue what you are doing wrong. When you click on the download link here:

post-12207-0-91163400-1375448805_thumb.j

This file will be downloaded: AS_TWIN-OTTER-X-EXTENDED_FSX_P3D_UPD_V103.exe

Maybe you should clear your browser cache and redownload it again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You may not find it hard Finn as you know the place, but as customers we do (actually), which is why we are taking the time out of our day to let you know (its to help you improve, so listen),

I (still) fail to see why the updates are not in the same location as the installer, i.e in our account section?

But did you check your order history page in the download shop?

On my order page I see both the full installer and the 1.03 update, exactly what you ask for.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To clarify where to find the updates:

1. Customers who purchased the Twin Otter Extended in the Aerosoft Shop will find on their order page both the latest full installer and the latest update. See the picture of my own order page below:

OrderpageTwotterExt.JPG

2. Customer who purchased the Twin Otter Extended elsewhere have two choices:

a. get the update from the download shop of their vendor

b. register the product with the support database on the Aerosoft site. Navigation:

- Aerosoft Main page --> Support/service --> Updates --> Login and then a page with little text where you have to register the Twin Otter Extended by entering your email address and serial number. You can also follow this link: https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/entries/21872487-Updates

AerosoftShopUpdate.JPG

I hope this helps everybody to update this great plane without problems :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Brilliant post, Eric. I thought of doing what you did for a purchase from the Aerosoft shop, but never bought an Aerosoft product anywhere else, so wouldn't have the second screenshot.

When Aerosoft updates --- 1.0 to 1.01 to 1.03

We as customers, only need 1.0 and the lastest 1.03 or do we need to keep all the the updated version

I have purchase download V1.0

updates 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03

Archived