Twin Otter Extended 1.03 update

mrjambo

Hi,

Love the Twin Otter extended, my favourite aircraft. I have hit one small problem though, went to install the new 1.03 update and get message which says, " This update needs an installed version of Twin Otter X Extended!" I do have it installed, all legal and paid for.

Can anybody help please.

Many Thanks.

I just did the download and was able to install without any problems. I have not opened FSX yet to see the new Tundra yet.

Thanks for the update Aerosoft Team,

Jerry

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Love the Twin Otter extended, my favourite aircraft. I have hit one small problem though, went to install the new 1.03 update and get message which says, " This update needs an installed version of Twin Otter X Extended!" I do have it installed, all legal and paid for.

Can anybody help please.

Many Thanks.

mmm right now I would have no idea. I suggest you get the full build until we have some idea what could be causing this.

mmm right now I would have no idea. I suggest you get the full build until we have some idea what could be causing this.

Thanks Mathijs, I have downloaded and installed the full build and everythings ok. I did try the update again but still got the same message. Just a thought, could the installer be searching in 'C' drive for FSX as I noticed there was no browse to FSX in the updater? I have my FSX in 'E' drive.

• Aerosoft

Thanks Mathijs, I have downloaded and installed the full build and everythings ok. I did try the update again but still got the same message. Just a thought, could the installer be searching in 'C' drive for FSX as I noticed there was no browse to FSX in the updater? I have my FSX in 'E' drive.

That seems to indicate your FSX is not where the register thinks it is.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just installed the update to P3D on my F-drive, and it worked perfectly. Indeed without browsing. As Mathijs says, you might have a registry problem.

After the first install seemingly everything went flawlessly, however I ran into a few problems that made me uninstalling the whole model an reinstalling v1.0 and Update 1.03 thereafter. The problems showing up are still the same:

the aircraft.cfg shows a fourth entry for a Flybe-Loganair texture G-BVVK

[Fltsim.3]
title=Aerosoft DHC-6 Series 300 Flybe - Loganair
sim=DHC-6.300.W
model=3bladewheelpax
panel=
sound=
texture=G-BVVK
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=G-BVVK
atc_parking_types=RAMP
ui_manufacturer="de Havilland Canada"
ui_type="DHC-6-300 Wheels"
ui_variation="Flybe - Loganair"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine TurboProp"
ui_createdby="Aerosoft"

however I do not see this model showing up on the FSX GUI - it hardly can as the texture is missing in the "Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL" folder! In the livery manager the model is shown in the list however (of course) without thumbnail.

Furthermore I do not see the Tundra-Wheels variants in the Livery Manager. Shouldn't they show up there? Something wrong with my install or did I miss an update in between?

Oskar

• Deputy Sheriffs

Oskar, please do not a hijack a topic with another problem then that of the TO. Open a separate topic on your issue.

Archived