Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Aerosoft Team

• Deputy Sheriffs
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, keukenrol said:

Would like to mention that gate 204 is active on the airport in the current state. However on the sat images the gate was temporarily not available due to works.

gate numbers are 204 - 206 - 208 - 210 - 212 - 214 - 228 - ...

As was noted several times already, when it's released, it will represent the airport at a certain point in time. Because airports frequently change configuration IRL, the developer has to pick that time and start coding. Since modeling has been underway for a while now, the configuration has already been set. It's pretty unlikely the developer will want to go back and change what's already been done.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

You do know, that there's a search function at the top, right?

Took me 20 seconds to find this answer.

Do you know im not asking a question to you? 

So little bit friendly please.. 

maybe Gayasim is actually making also a xplane version now? 

I thougt he had then a 'maybe' anwser. 

Im free to ask, and how are you to attack me? 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, brentoske said:

Do you know im not asking a question to you? 

So little bit friendly please.. 

maybe Gayasim is actually making also a xplane version now? 

I thougt he had then a 'maybe' anwser. 

Im free to ask, and how are you to attack me? 

First of all - I was not attacking you!

I simply pointed out, that there's a search function at the top of this page. It's used to find answers to questions already answered in threads and topics. It's common sense and practice to just do a quick search, before asking a question. It takes literally 30 seconds, and we can keep the thread clean, and avoid questions, which keeps coming up. 

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

First of all - I was not attacking you!

I simply pointed out, that there's a search function at the top of this page. It's used to find answers to questions already answered in threads and topics. It's common sense and practice to just do a quick search, before asking a question. It takes literally 30 seconds, and we can keep the thread clean, and avoid questions, which keeps coming up. 

Gayasim posting on facebook that he search people for modeling xplane, this was after the answer here on the forum. 

So this is why im ask on this date and time for an xplane version of brussels v2.

i can receive a clearly yes or no here on the forum...

Soo the answer that you linking is a little bit outdatet. 

I think before hitting people for use the search button, treath the question with respect. 

I follow this project many years ;-)

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

Back on topic, please. The difference of opinion about brentoske's question in #736 is past tense and needs no further discussion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26-7-2017 at 5:57 PM, Herman said:

As was noted several times already, when it's released, it will represent the airport at a certain point in time. Because airports frequently change configuration IRL, the developer has to pick that time and start coding. Since modeling has been underway for a while now, the configuration has already been set. It's pretty unlikely the developer will want to go back and change what's already been done.

I totally understand that, but I mentioned it because those gates being closed (like 201 now for works at the old terminal - temporarily) will be open again. It should be too bad those gates will not be in the scenery at all just because they were closed for a limited time and will be useless in the future, you understand my point? ;)

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, keukenrol said:

I totally understand that, but I mentioned it because those gates being closed (like 201 now for works at the old terminal - temporarily) will be open again. It should be too bad those gates will not be in the scenery at all just because they were closed for a limited time and will be useless in the future, you understand my point? ;)

Thank you for the update and I understand your point. However, it's very likely unneeded, since the configuration was set some time ago. Whether certain gates are temporarily or permanently closed today will almost certainly not affect the scenery. As you quoted, it will represent the airport at a certain date. Further, scenery designers are very reluctant to model projected plans and try to stick to what they can photograph IRL. Look no further than LimeSim and 29 Palms on Mega Airport Berlin for a cautionary tale of modeling what's supposed to be instead of what was/is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
On 9/1/2017 at 8:30 PM, Jetairfly737 said:

Do you mean a completely new scenery or do you mean gayasim paused for a moment and is now continueing?

It will be completed by another team. This is indeed one of those projects from hell where anything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It will be completed by another team. This is indeed one of those projects from hell where anything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong.

Thought that title belonged to the CRJ? :lol:

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Lets stay positive! ;) Third time, good time? :P 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
22 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Thought that title belonged to the CRJ? :lol:

Strangely enough not. Other than taking muuuuuuuuuuuch longer than needed the CRJ development was remarkably smooth.  Brussels most definitely is not.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Strangely enough not. Other than taking muuuuuuuuuuuch longer than needed the CRJ development was remarkably smooth.  Brussels most definitely is not.

Any chance on getting some more information? Like what went wrong, which team took over now, current progress.. Would be nice to have some more information after the long wait! 
Other than that good luck to the new developers! (Never thought Brussels was that difficult of an airport to develop!)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good luck to the new developers. Which team will it be this time? Personally I'm hoping for MK Studios, they've also picked up Rome when DFS couldn't deliver a good product. I know they're working on Fuerteventura, but they might be able to do two projects at once.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4-9-2017 at 6:15 PM, PatrickZ said:

Good luck to the new developers. Which team will it be this time? Personally I'm hoping for MK Studios, they've also picked up Rome when DFS couldn't deliver a good product. I know they're working on Fuerteventura, but they might be able to do two projects at once.

They are I think now releasing, supporting etc. their products themselves.

"Fuerteventura will be first released by our own shop (buy buttons soon to arrive on mkstudios.pl) and will include our own installers using new native P3D V3 and V4 methods to add the scenery to library (no more scenery.cfg or autogen.xml modifications making mess in your sims) and awesome config tool to setup the airport the way you like. Later we'll publish it exclusively on Simmarket.

We've been waiting a while to announce this, but I found it to be right time now. Our decision is based on fact, that we want to have more control over the way we develop, release and finally support all our products later.

Support will be provided on our forum WEBSITELINK where registered users that confirm their order numbers will be given access to the support section where they may get any help they need including teamviewer/skype consultation (if necessary). We want to make sure that we can help those who support us if they run into any troubles.

You may read more and see some other screenshots on our forum or product site."

If you check their website you will be able to find out more. And for you information they are working on 3 products for the moment ;).

Kind regards

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sad thing is this major airport in Europe is taking such a long time to be released. The old Brussels scenery is 10 years old and has horrible performance. Unfortunately it is the second time the developer ends project. A few people gave up (who were hoping for an x-plane version) and started making their own. I hope this project will not bring it that far for P3D / FSX users as well.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft Team changed the title to Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)
  • Aerosoft Team locked this topic