Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Aerosoft Team

I had a look earlier today, and the markings are still pretty much exactly those you can see on Google Maps. (Only leading in from one side, and overshooting the gate on pretty much all of them.)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, krivadesign said:

I had a look earlier today, and the markings are still pretty much exactly those you can see on Google Maps. (Only leading in from one side, and overshooting the gate on pretty much all of them.)

Than I think they are still using the first satelite images, or they are using a default type line (they made for every gate at EBBR) and still need to cut them (idk how GMAX works)... The last sattelite image with the gate lines leading from 2 sides is from, yes, 2012 (july) (5 years ago) (or if we take in mind gate 161 is overshooting, that is since 2009 (8 years ago) )... , so I hope that my second reason (default lines) is the right one... I really hope you guys are using up-to-date sattelite images, but don't take me wrong, the textures look awesome! It is a miracle we can make that kind of sceneries...

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Brussels airport the scenario we will never see, three years (since the july 2013) that Aerosoft is rolling us in flour and is busy with this medium airport (Brussels Airport is not a big airport, no bigger than EKCH or LOWW), designers who live far from Belgium and have never seen with their own eyes the Brussels Airport while Justsim or flyTampa realize a big airport such as LEBL or EHAM in a few months with a quality and fluidity much superior and irreproachable!

Scandalous to make people hope by sending them a pathetic image every three months, finding every time an apology, to repeat that the schedule is respected and to take people for idiots!

• Upvote 5

Easy there Nile, Rome wasn't built in a day (neither was AS Rome) but AS has always come through. Sometimes the best work takes time but ripping them apart on a public forum aint gonna get your EBBR here any sooner. My 02. Kroner

• Upvote 5

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello lulu47,

unlike other vendors Aerosoft gives information of a new developments already quite early in the process. So just the pure existence of the preview topic is no indication that the release is imminent. This is unlike other vendors who give you only a clue of what's coming next only weeks before the release.

Of course it is totally up to you to like or dislike the AS way of handling previews. If you dislike it, I would suggest you do not take a look into the preview topics. That would keep you from negative emotions.

It is also possible to hide the entire preview forum for you. We have done that in the past already for a couple of users on their own request. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, lulu47 said:

Brussels airport the scenario we will never see, three years (since the july 2013) that Aerosoft is rolling us in flour and is busy with this medium airport (Brussels Airport is not a big airport, no bigger than EKCH or LOWW), designers who live far from Belgium and have never seen with their own eyes the Brussels Airport while Justsim or flyTampa realize a big airport such as LEBL or EHAM in a few months with a quality and fluidity much superior and irreproachable!

Scandalous to make people hope by sending them a pathetic image every three months, finding every time an apology, to repeat that the schedule is respected and to take people for idiots!

Flytampa did NOT develop their EHAM in a few month's.From where did you get that info?

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Microburst79 said:

Flytampa did NOT develop their EHAM in a few month's.From where did you get that info?

Haha - was actually just about to ask the same question... 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, lulu47 said:

As far as I know it took FlyTampa well over two years to build Amsterdam. Of course it was only announced much later when it was already well into development.

The only "fast" developer I know is Taxi2Gate, they can do an airport in less than half a year. However, you don't want to know how buggy their airports are at release. Of course they fix that later with patches but you can see that it's a rushwork. Aerosoft is different in that. Brussels was restarted some time ago so it's not three years. More like a year and a half or something like that. If it's not finished a year from now then you can say it took a long time. Still that would not give you any rights, if they take that much time I'm sure there's a reason for that. But as it is now you can't even say that.

• Upvote 3

As far as I know I saw on Facebook they commented that they are still discussing if they will use the new sattelite imagery, and that the scenery is pretty much completed. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong but Gayasim said it with their account on Facebook, so I think we are pretty close to have another detailed and good scenery released by aerosoft. Everybody should be excited not impatient ;)

"Thanks for that tipoff. We already done the modeling and design of Brussels. Just waiting for decision of aerosoft about the satellite- if to stay with the one we got (old one) or to have new and up to date one."

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Please take a look into the P3Dv4 topic that have been opened today to learn about the general approach for the new simulator version. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's not news for Brussels alone ....

I think most people have had a wait for news.
The developer promised images .. after a few months nothing yet

In 7 months we have seen 2 pictures.

But there is a need for a solid scenery for our European capital

Now with p3d v4 we still have no news.

This is not meant to be negative because I know that this is a lot of work.

But think of your customers who have been waiting for this project for a period of 4 years (!!).

Please be more specific to us.

regards

• Upvote 6

• Deputy Sheriffs
34 minutes ago, brentoske said:

And why would the release of a new simulator automatically generate any news of a project which is still in development?

I linked to the both topics to make sure you read the AS statement that new add-ons from now on will of course also support P3Dv4. And as you connected P3Dv4 and Brussels together in your initial question, I thought you were interested in that.

38 minutes ago, brentoske said:

I understand that you are interested in this project and are eager for any kind of news. But please understand that news and updates in preview topics are given automatically when there is something to share, and not necessarily on request.

50 minutes ago, brentoske said:

But think of your customers who have been waiting for this project for a period of 4 years (!!).

If you can't deal with the way AS handles their preview topics (telling about projects from day one, and not only from short before release as other manufacturers do) then we can hide them from you. We have done that in past already for a couple of users on their own request actually.

It is of no help if you ask for (or better saying demand) updates every two months. Patience is the key word here.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

If you can't deal with the way AS handles their preview topics (telling about projects from day one, and not only from short before release as other manufacturers do) then we can hide them from you. We have done that in past already for a couple of users on their own request actually.

It is of no help if you ask for (or better saying demand) updates every two months. Patience is the key word here.

I account for some of the community who think the same.
And good to inform your customers they pay for the products.
They do it anyway

All you do, do it well

end of discussion

• Upvote 1

On 2017-6-5 at 9:03 PM, brentoske said:

That's not news for Brussels alone ....

I think most people have had a wait for news.
The developer promised images .. after a few months nothing yet

In 7 months we have seen 2 pictures.

But there is a need for a solid scenery for our European capital

Please be more specific to us.

regards

You should be glad that Aerosoft gives us previews, from the start of the project... Many other developers don't. I'm sure that if you didn't know about the project, you wouldn't comment like that, and if the scenery would be released, you would be happy about the quality and that they took their time. We all know the incredible 'Genoa X' made by the same developer (GayaSimulations), doesn't it look awesome? Check the reviews about 'Genoa X'. So let them take their time, so we have the same quality. There are people that take an advantage of having early previews, being excited about the project etc. You don't... It would be a shame if Aerosoft stopped this early preview thing because of people like you. Respect the developers their work, don't be impatient... It will be released when it's ready, that's for sure... As I already stated above they are still in a discussion about the sattelite imagery. Remember that the project was restarted, and be glad about that, they could have said no more Brussels v2.0. It would be very nice if nobody wouldn't comment anymore about: 'Any news' or 'Screenshots' or the other way of saying it 'When will we have some news, it has already been a loooooooooong time'. It all comes to the same: I'm impatient and want to have news asap'. Just wait for the developers, they will choose the right moment... Isn't it nicer to have a present when you didn't know you would get one, in this case another screenshot? I think so...

On 2017-6-5 at 10:00 PM, Tom A320 said:

As he says: PATIENCE IS THE KEY WORD HERE!

23 hours ago, brentoske said:

I account for some of the community who think the same.

You don't need to account for other people, if they want to give their opinion, they can give it themselves...

• Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, Jetairfly737 said:

You should be glad that Aerosoft gives us previews, from the start of the project... Many other developers don't. I'm sure that if you didn't know about the project, you wouldn't comment like that, and if the scenery would be released, you would be happy about the quality and that they took their time. We all know the incredible 'Genoa X' made by the same developer (GayaSimulations), doesn't it look awesome? Check the reviews about 'Genoa X'. So let them take their time, so we have the same quality. There are people that take an advantage of having early previews, being excited about the project etc. You don't... It would be a shame if Aerosoft stopped this early preview thing because of people like you. Respect the developers their work, don't be impatient... It will be released when it's ready, that's for sure... As I already stated above they are still in a discussion about the sattelite imagery. Remember that the project was restarted, and be glad about that, they could have said no more Brussels v2.0. It would be very nice if nobody wouldn't comment anymore about: 'Any news' or 'Screenshots' or the other way of saying it 'When will we have some news, it has already been a loooooooooong time'. It all comes to the same: I'm impatient and want to have news asap'. Just wait for the developers, they will choose the right moment... Isn't it nicer to have a present when you didn't know you would get one, in this case another screenshot? I think so...

As he says: PATIENCE IS THE KEY WORD HERE!

You don't need to account for other people, if they want to give their opinion, they can give it themselves...

Okay, brussels is a bit emotional for many people. 

I'll keep that in mind!! 

A side question, which may have already been asked, but I may have missed it: Will the relevant VFR reporting points within BRU CTR also be modelled, or will it 'just' be the very close vicinity of the aerodrome?

• 1 month later...
On 13-6-2017 at 2:20 PM, krivadesign said:

A side question, which may have already been asked, but I may have missed it: Will the relevant VFR reporting points within BRU CTR also be modelled, or will it 'just' be the very close vicinity of the aerodrome?

A very good question! Would like to know that too.

Apart from your question I would like to mention I am working airside at EBBR during the whole month of July. Should developers want some extra picts they can ask me and I will see what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to mention that gate 204 is active on the airport in the current state. However on the sat images the gate was temporarily not available due to works.

gate numbers are 204 - 206 - 208 - 210 - 212 - 214 - 228 - ...

On 24-7-2017 at 8:39 PM, keukenrol said:

Would like to mention that gate 204 is active on the airport in the current state. However on the sat images the gate was temporarily not available due to works.

gate numbers are 204 - 206 - 208 - 210 - 212 - 214 - 228 - ...

Indeed. This is also visible in the AIP/CHARTS. https://www.belgocontrol.be/opersite/eaip/eAIP_Main/graphics/eAIP/EBBR_APDC01_v47.pdf

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft Team changed the title to Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)
  • Aerosoft Team locked this topic