Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Aerosoft Team

On 5-12-2016 at 6:33 PM, razgo said:

Work In Progress....

Still got work to do but developing running smooth...

Please login to display this image.

Hello

Those typical white/gray 'runway-borders' aren't there anymore... The runways have changed colours since 2015-2016... Just wanted to let you know.... Don't know if you will/want/can change it?

Regards

• Upvote 3

• Developer

Thanks for that,

We know and will definitely redesign it accordingly. However, this airport (like many other worldwide) having and facing changes: buildings demolish while new ones comes. On that cases, we doing what we call "situation freeze" to pinpoint a date over the timeline the scenery will refer to. Soon we will show you exactly which new buildings have their ticket in, and which not. which of the old ones stayed with us and which not (the iconic satellite building and the old tower are there).

A lot to waiting for. We working on it really hard. We know it's long time and we appreciate you patient. Not so long before, we started working on that project in some kind of "full time job", and im pretty sure soon you will see that. Like our other sceneries (Genoa X and Kilimanjaro), you can except well optimize and flyable airport (We also know and waiting for the 64bit p3d.....).

Regards,

• Upvote 4

On 19-2-2017 at 10:11 PM, razgo said:

Thanks for that,

We know and will definitely redesign it accordingly. However, this airport (like many other worldwide) having and facing changes: buildings demolish while new ones comes. On that cases, we doing what we call "situation freeze" to pinpoint a date over the timeline the scenery will refer to. Soon we will show you exactly which new buildings have their ticket in, and which not. which of the old ones stayed with us and which not (the iconic satellite building and the old tower are there).

A lot to waiting for. We working on it really hard. We know it's long time and we appreciate you patient. Not so long before, we started working on that project in some kind of "full time job", and im pretty sure soon you will see that. Like our other sceneries (Genoa X and Kilimanjaro), you can except well optimize and flyable airport (We also know and waiting for the 64bit p3d.....).

Regards,

Thanks for answering...  I think Brussels Airport is growing very fast at the moment... (in 2020 the A-pier south should start constructions if not earlier; and the new spotting platforms comming soon (probably still in 2017)(I think they are easy to add as an update comparing to the whole airport...) As long as the connector is there (and I see it) and the ground textures are up to date I will very happy... 

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer
On 3/2/2017 at 4:08 PM, keukenrol said:

Thanks for that, although we know exactly how the scenery is gonna look like (actually all the 3d already done and in it's position).

The development now is focusing on the GrounPoly- We see it as one of the most important thing at any scenery, because it's the "model" you, the user, will see the most. It's most be perfect and super realistic, hence we put so much efforts on that.

So, I hope not long from today we will show you the beauty of the scenery we are about to release. Like other products we made, and even with the upcoming 64bit version of the P3D, we see it really important to optimize and give you super efficient and flyable airport. it's big airport, and we focus on every detail to be well optimize and "economic". You can check our last scenery, Aerosoft Genoa X, and see exactly what im talking about. 

Have a great weekend captains,

GayaSIm.

• Upvote 5

what will be interesting to know,will scenery be released aswell in 32 and 64 bit variant,

and maybe also interested to know will 32 bit scenery in P3D 64bit have the same restriction of 4gb limit as we have now have.

27 minutes ago, sydney1962 said:

what will be interesting to know,will scenery be released aswell in 32 and 64 bit variant,

and maybe also interested to know will 32 bit scenery in P3D 64bit have the same restriction of 4gb limit as we have now have.

I'm not sure but i think that scenery can run on a 64 bit p3d platform but aircraft can't :)

Yes I know, but if you run 32bit scenery in 64bit environment it will stay 32bit, we can now also run stuff in windows 64bit ,but

with all the known restrictions.

6 hours ago, sydney1962 said:

Yes I know, but if you run 32bit scenery in 64bit environment it will stay 32bit, we can now also run stuff in windows 64bit ,but

with all the known restrictions.

I'm not really sure what you mean here...

Texture files (bmp files for the large part) doesn't need to be 64-bit compatible. Or said in another way, they don't need to be 64-bit compiled (since they aren't compiled). For instance, you don't need a '64-bit version' version of an image file to be able to view it in Windows x64. I'm a little unsure regarding bgl files, as to whether they need to be recompiled or will work as they are... but in large part, I would think that sceneries would be rather uneffected by any possible 32-64-bit conversion of Prepar3D. 

Aircrafts (and other utilities) which interface in the simplatform in a direct and live way, would need to be re-compiled. This applies for a large part on stuff which is dependend on SimConnect (PMDG, Aerosoft Airbus, FSLabs etc...). Any complex airliner. This would also apply to ActiveSky and other weather engines - but (to stay in the same area), the textures in ASCA for instance, wouldn't need conversion as they are - well textures. 

P.S - I'm no programmer (although I do have some knowledge of programming in various languages) so someone in here, could probably explain this better. 

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Although BGL files are basically executable files they are neither 32 or 64 bits. The same as XML files which most likely will run without any problem. 

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Although BGL files are basically executable files they are neither 32 or 64 bits. The same as XML files which most likely will run without any problem. 

Ahh... Thanks for clarifying, Mathijs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

We are just about to complete the new and final version of the Groundpoly, place the jetways/airbridges and we will publish that. 

Otherwise, it will give you all the impression no progress. 

A little bit more patient. It's big project and like everything we (GayaSim) started, it's will come to it's end with exciting result and experience. 

I remind all we still not have a 64bit simulation platform, so we are taking it really serious to keep the sensitive balance between the quality and the performance. I invite you all to check our Genoa and Kilimanjaro sceneries (published by Aerosoft of course) to see how we keep that "famous" balance.

Thanks for the credit you give us. I promise all it will worth that.

Gayasim.

• Upvote 6

• Developer

A little teaser of the groundpoly.

taken with p3d. 

Jetways/Airbridges (some could clarify once how it's call????) are going to be position that weekend.

Soon we will publish some photos of the whole project with it's VAS resaults- I think you are going to love what you will see, both quality and performance.

Regards.

• Upvote 11

It looks really Nice so far and i'm really looking forward to this scenery but may I just point out that the taxilines look different in real life. (Or at least at Google maps)

• Upvote 1

According to the AIP here, at least the markings for 161 are still "overshooting" the stand itself.

The AIP should be correct, in principle, but just to make sure, I'll try to check later today from the tower. :)

• Upvote 1

I had some time to check during my breaks today, and the markings I was able to check, seem to conform to the AIP (or rather the AIP to the markings), as it should, of course.

On 24-3-2017 at 0:52 PM, razgo said:

A little teaser of the groundpoly.

taken with p3d. 

Jetways/Airbridges (some could clarify once how it's call????) are going to be position that weekend.

Soon we will publish some photos of the whole project with it's VAS resaults- I think you are going to love what you will see, both quality and performance.

Regards.

I might have missed it, but the lines only come from one side I thought? Will that be changed?

Regards

35 minutes ago, Jetairfly737 said:

I might have missed it, but the lines only come from one side I thought? Will that be changed?

Regards

Mathijs already answered this three posts above you.... :)

• Upvote 1

On 27-3-2017 at 4:14 PM, krivadesign said:

I had some time to check during my breaks today, and the markings I was able to check, seem to conform to the AIP (or rather the AIP to the markings), as it should, of course.

Can you check if they come from 2 sides, the gate lines, if you work with Belgocontrol...

• Aerosoft Team changed the title to Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)
  • Aerosoft Team locked this topic