Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Aerosoft Team

2 minutes ago, krivadesign said:

Soooo... You're saying that this sattelite image is incorrect, and in some way photoshopped by me?

Take a look at the date in the upper left corner.

Please login to display this image.

Google earth currently shows something different. And those don't show jetways on the round terminal. And the one above has been demolished.

4 minutes ago, phlpeo said:

Google earth currently shows something different. And those don't show jetways on the round terminal. And the one above has been demolished.

Yes, indeed it currently shows something different. But you know what's fun about Google Earth? You can't just see what it looks like right now, you can also see what it looked like in the past. Go to the "view" menu and apply "historical images". Then you get a ruler which you can move along a time frame. Move it backwards in time and you can see that it hasn't always been the way it is now. First clear images are from 1-11-2001 and those look very different from 1-10-2015 (the most recent).

Mmm guys the latest images are from 25-08-2016, put the slider all the way right...

It clearly shows that the runway works of 01/19 were going on, those were indeed during august 2016...

However the area is very small.

Just open google earth without the history slider, and you will see the whole area in 3D, I think the images are from June or July 2016, still very recent. The green area at 25R/19 is clearly visible for example.

2 hours ago, phlpeo said:

Sure, but that's not what Schnuupi was on about, hence my reference to the date in the upper left corner. He said that there have never been jetways at the Satellite building. There were jetways, I've used them in the past.

The previous developer of the Brussels Airport scenery probably had to pick a date in time for which they had all info, data etc. they required. As will this developer have to do. For this scenery, that date will probably not be the same date as the release date, since it would be impossible to have the entire airport up to date, all the time.

For example, if they launch this scenery early 2017, it may "only" be up to date with how the airport actually stood at some point in Q2-Q3 2016.

For all we know, even though the previous version of this scenery was released in 2007, they may only have been able to get all the data they needed for some date in 2005.

• Upvote 1

Except it is not a terminal, it is detatched from the main airport building so how on earth could it be a terminal? It has been offices for the past 10+ years and currently is the management offices for Brussels Airport, how I know? I worked on the Oxygen office building at Brussels Airport when it was being constructed. Which stands between the round building that I am referring to and the check-in main building. Has always been an office. Plus only way to access the building I am referring to was via the cargo, police and taxi road. I really don't think you know what you are talking about haha.

Well... you can keep on laughing but I guess Krivadesign just proved you wrong with the historical Google Earth satellite images.

So sad that you didn't even put in some effort to check the info I posted previously and hope to impress others with your incorrect 'knowledge' instead.

Regards,

Sylvain

Ps: Hi Kriva!

Hope that you are doing well and that you don't miss the flying too much! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gents, time to knock off the historical "I know because I work there/You're wrong, I know because I used the jetway" brushfire here. As was noted by krivadesign, the developer will chose a certain point in time when the airport is documented, and what we'll get to buy and use will be a snapshot in time. It's pointless to criticize a work in progress because it doesn't align with what you might know but does align with what the developer is able to document with the help and knowledge of the airport management. With some of the above posts, it's also rude to the point of risking non-compliance with Aerosoft community expectations.

I will hide (but not delete) further posts along the line of those with a tone starting at #655 to #661 pending review by senior Aerosoft managers.

Let's keep it civil. This is a hobby we do for fun.

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, AlexisDG said:

Will there be a future release for X-plane 11?

There is already a realy good and free scenery for EBBR, honestly the scenery that Aerosoft is doing now looks amazing, but it seems that it's not a priority to release it quickly, so during this time we've the one in XP which works fine on XP11 and it's so much better than the old one that we have on FSX / P3D :P 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:20 PM, Jetairfly737 said:

Original poster of comment requested its removal. The comment (only) quoted by this poster therefore deleted.

Of course we need this scenery since there is no brussels for p3d.And again i think main reason for development is  not for hobby simmers.

• Upvote 1

Indeed this scenery is still very much needed. X-Plane still has a very small market share and the future of FSX is mostly P3D. I know when I'll be upgrading from FSX it'll be to P3D and not to X-Plane because P3D has the largest market share. Therefor it's likely to have the most add-ons developed for.

There may at some point be need for a new scenery when all those changes have been completed, but let's not worry about that now and certainly not worry about for what platform that new scenery needs to be.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, PatrickZ said:

Indeed this scenery is still very much needed. X-Plane still has a very small market share and the future of FSX is mostly P3D. I know when I'll be upgrading from FSX it'll be to P3D and not to X-Plane because P3D has the largest market share. Therefor it's likely to have the most add-ons developed for.

There may at some point be need for a new scenery when all those changes have been completed, but let's not worry about that now and certainly not worry about for what platform that new scenery needs to be.

I totally agree with you, I wrote this comment to fast... I wish it could be removed... Indeed P3D may be better because X-plane his market is so tiny... You've totally convinsed me that when I'll upgrade, it'll be p3d... 

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
On 1/27/2017 at 10:20 PM, Jetairfly737 said:

and I think aerosoft should wake up and start making more and more XP scenery's, they are very promising!!! I will definently switch from FSX to XP-11!!!

We released more X-Plane sceneries than any other company in 2016 and 2017 won't be different.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We released more X-Plane sceneries than any other company in 2016 and 2017 won't be different.

But still Aerosoft released more FSX/P3D sceneries than X-Plane sceneries. I guess that won't be different either.

• Upvote 1

The last image we got to see was suffered on December 5, 2016, it has now been two months ago (yes two!).
I do not want anoying but you can at least give buyers something a little more info.
You always say Brussels is a big project, but I think a lot of people feel that they are to be set aside for this project has been going on far too long.

I hope that we receive as soon more info!
Thank you

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, brentoske said:

The last image we got to see was suffered on December 5, 2016, it has now been two months ago (yes two!).
I do not want anoying but you can at least give buyers something a little more info.
You always say Brussels is a big project, but I think a lot of people feel that they are to be set aside for this project has been going on far too long.

I hope that we receive as soon more info!
Thank you

You're right... And now they started another project: Courchevel... I guess that will slow down the development even more? And don't get me right: it looks awesome! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just wanted to ask, if there´s a release date for Brussels V2? Because on your old website it said that it will be released on 15th February, which is today.

Best regards

Paul

2 minutes ago, BA1969 said:

Hi,

I just wanted to ask, if there´s a release date for Brussels V2? Because on your old website it said that it will be released on 15th February, which is today.

Best regards

Paul

That is most likely a placeholder.

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, BA1969 said:

Hi,

Best regards

Paul

Further to phlpeo's post, when it's released, there will be an announcement pinned to the top of the forum page. Just look at the ones currently pinned for examples. No searching for posts, as it will be right there and at the top (unless something is released just after it, then it will be the second one down).;)

• Aerosoft Team changed the title to Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)
  • Aerosoft Team locked this topic